GlowWormBRONZE Member
84 posts

Posted:
Hi, all, as you all know, im new to poi, and im having a bit of a problem distinguishing between a mexican wave and a windmill. They seem to be the same thing. Are they? Or am i doing something wrong?Please help!!!------------------ColesId love to be a glow-wormCuz a glow-worm's never glumIt's hard to be downheartedWhen a light shines out your bum

Coles
Id love to be a glow-worm
Cuz a glow-worm's never glum
It's hard to be downhearted
When a light shines out your bum

Phanaticstranger
6 posts

Posted:
With the windmill, the poi are following each other, both travelling in the same direction (ie. if you're watching someone, from the front both poi travel clockwise in front and anti-clockwise behind). Both poi travel on the one path.With the Mexican wave, the poi travel in opposite directions, and are opposite each other. They follow two separate paths.While the twomay look similar, obviously they're not. If you don't know, the easiest way to do a windmill is to start a Chase the Sun then simply slow it down to split time.

Very funny Scotty, now beam down my clothes!

GlowWormBRONZE Member
84 posts

Posted:
Oh Wow, THANX!!I get it now! i was doing the mexican wave the whole time!! i dint realise for the windmill the poi had to be spinning in the same direction! Thanx 4 the help!!Peace out------------------ColesId love to be a glow-wormCuz a glow-worm's never glumIt's hard to be downheartedWhen a light shines out your bum

Coles
Id love to be a glow-worm
Cuz a glow-worm's never glum
It's hard to be downhearted
When a light shines out your bum