Skeksmember
11 posts

Posted:
I've played around a lot with bicycles, and hopefully this will be of some use.I'm new to describing twirling moves, so forgive me if they don't make any sence whatsoever.Weave-Type:Single:First off, the weave: right over left, left over right. You can do the figure 8, same direction, with your right hand on top or left hand on top (switching between them with the weave).With your right hand on top, as you pass left-to-right there should be a gap between your hands. This is where you add the extra loop before passing the poi to the right. After you pass to the right you can't bicycle going right-to-left because your left arm is in the way. You have to go back to the beginning.If your doing the 8 with your left hand on top, then you bicycle right-to-left. Of course, you can learn both of these backwards as well.(3 circles)Double:If you can do the BTB weave, then you can do the low fountain: Feet planted, twist right and do the weave, twist left do it backwars, etc. (3 circles)You can take out the middle circle and add two bicycles, for 4 circles:Pass the poi to your left, and do the backwards Left-to-right bicycle as you twist left to right. You then lead that into the forwards left-to-right bicycle, and finish it by passing the poi to your right.You can do this BTB, and take out the figure 8 altogether (as you can do with all bicycles).Corkscrew:Standard corkscrew passes the poi under your hands, then over.As you pass under, you can pass them above your left arm, under your right arm for the extra circle, then above your arms. You can also add a bicycle on the way down: pass the poi above your arms, then under left arm, abover right arm, then below. You can make it vertical, and when the poi pass above your arms, you can pass it behind your head. This will give you a bicycle in front of your face coming and going.Now I need to start adding in wraps...Butterfly bicycles:Same idea, but with butterflies. Learn the butterfly BTB ( you dont HAVE to, but it helps). Start with a forward butterfly, and when the poi reach the top of the swing, your going to pass the right poi on the inside (it helps to turn right a little). Meanwhile, your left hand is going to pass the left poi between your right poi and your arm. They should pass on the inside at the bottom of the swing. When they reach the top of their swing on the inside, you can continue your turn to the right and bring them in front into a backwards butterfly. Its the same way going the other direction, and backwards.I just recently managed to remove the backwards butterfly; this make a 360, where you butterfly, bicycle, bicycle, and end up where you started, forward butterfly again.Thats about where I am, e-mail me if have any questions or flames or anything.------------------!You've just been Skeked!

!You've just been Skeked!

SickpuPpyNinja Rockstar!
1,100 posts

Posted:
I don't think being "skeked" sounds pleasent at all wink------------------If you love something, set it on fire.

Jesus helps me trick people.

woodymember
99 posts

Posted:
I'm a little confused, where I come from a bicycle is something you ride.... Mark P and I have tried poi on the bike, (Mark riding and me sitting backwards on the seat doing poi). It was quite interesting, though you do really have to trust the person doing the steering and both have a good sense of balance as you don't have any free hands to hold on with and it's very easy to get a poi caught in the wheel.Anywhay I digress, what is this bicycle move thing?

Luv and Lemons.WoodyMrs Jaypher said, 'It's saferIf you've lemons in your head;First to eat, a pound of meat,And then to go at once to bed.

phunkyold hand
877 posts

Posted:
I think he's describing the burning the nose move.------------------[]Dhuong-Vu Truong==== []Dhunky ====

tallicaburtonmember
51 posts

Posted:
too bad i don't know what that means either....and what is a BTB 360? by 360 do they mean turning in a circle?

adamricepoo-bah
1,015 posts

Posted:
Burn-the-nose (or BTN) is a simple move where you do vertical circles between your arms, so that you, well, risk burning your nose. It's a simple move.I'm not sure that this is what Skeks is talking about with "bicycles", since he mentions throwing one in the middle of a btb fountain. Unless you've got a nose on the back of your head *and* really loose shoulder sockets, there's no way to add a BTN to that without breaking out of the pattern. Then again, the other stuff all suggests that he does mean BTN (or a buzzsaw, which is the same move, but with the chains outside your arms).I have no idea what a "bicycle" is either, except for a 2-wheeled human-powered vehicle or a brand of playing cards.Oh, and Skeks--where you say "if you can do a btb weave, you can do a btb fountain"--it ain't that simple. It took me months to get from doing btb weaves to btb fountains, and they're still very challenging for me.

Laugh while you can, monkey-boy

Skeksmember
11 posts

Posted:
Yikes, ok, sorry. Um...adamrice has the idea- you can turn it vertically in front of you (perpendicular to your body), but you can flatten it out horizontally (burning your armpits), or you can turn it parallel (thats just hard to describe)... I just got a web cam, I could send in a vid maybe. That might help. Plus I may have some of the terminology wrong; remember, I'm mostly self-taught and have just recently discovered this website.Maybe I'm making everything sound harder than it is, misdescribing stuff horribly.------------------!You've just been Skeked!

TEK829member
29 posts

Posted:
Okay, I think I get what Skeke is saying...Like a simple 2-beat chase, but before you make the cross back to the proper side with your lead hand, it's a split-time BTN. I think. You can chase the BTN right through your hands and continue on with your chase over to the "lead" side... Should work in any plane, really, with just a bit of practice... except maybe the windmill with your head in the way.....Or I'm entirely wrong and have discovered my own little trick. Or you've all been doing it for ages anyway and I just haven't seen it. Any of the above are possible. smile[This message has been edited by TEK829 (edited 24 December 2001).]

Laugh, and the world laughs with you. Cry, and the world laughs at you. It's your choi

phuzzzmember
160 posts

Posted:
fire bike??? like wrappin your tires in kevlar??? cool!

tallicaburtonmember
51 posts

Posted:
Thanks for the help Adam, I think I get burn the nose, i've thought of it, but i'm scared to try it...tennis balls hurt. and if i don't want to do it with tennis balls, how in the world will i do it with fire? Well, as they say practice makes perfect. I assume that BTN has the poi following each other 180 apart? otherwise it would be like a very difficult butterfuly.... BTN makes me think of a bicicle wheel...could that be a nickname? Anyone have a definition for 360? Thanks mucho you guys, sorry if my 1st reply was a little impatient...peace and PLURTallica--------------------------Search for meaning,not guided by thought.Help me find it,I am lost.

Skeksmember
11 posts

Posted:
By 360 I did mean rotating your body around in a full circle.Start trying the BTN tricks with shorter strings, and then gradually get longer when you feel more comfortable.And the poi are always in split time when doing chase-style bicycles.I'll send in a "bicycle" video in the next couple days or so, once the holiday madness calms down.------------------!You've just been Skeked!

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Mushinkato does this BTN you speak of. He makes it look really easy. I've tried it - it's not.... Just thought I should mention it.

Meh

TEK829member
29 posts

Posted:
so the question becomes:.....If:Skeke calls them bicycles..... and I call them painful... ::rubbing bruises on bottoms of elbows::::What does Mushinkato call it?and I did get it after about 5 minutes... not hard in concept, but boy.. getting that middle spin straight... grin

Laugh, and the world laughs with you. Cry, and the world laughs at you. It's your choi