Annie Cmember
40 posts

Posted:
I have been doing poi for 6 months now and have often left a session feeling rather achy and I have pulled a couple of muscles in my upper arms and shoulder blades....yes foolish I hear you Cry...but I never see any one else warming up before a workshop....So what are a the excercises I should be doing before I start....

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
There is actually an old post about this somewhere..I will try to dig it up but until then...try yogo stretches. THey are good for the stretch and enhancing your flexibility. If that isn't your cup of tea the Pilates method is good as well. Or if you still want something less trained, then just go and stretch they way you see runners and any athlete do. Arms over your head, across your body, turns and bends from teh waist, leg stretches, wrist rotations, shoulder rotations and neck rolls are all a great place to start. And just because your arms are where you feel pain doesn't mean you should warm only them up...give your entire body a good stretch, aside from feeling good it will help with balance and posture. smile------------------Pele Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir...https://www.pyromorph.com

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

Annie Cmember
40 posts

Posted:
Thanks PeleWill do...I do Yoga anyway so will do the stretches etc......Many thanksAnnie C