Marlboromember
180 posts

Posted:
Help!! I'm trying to switch a one-handed butterfly from right side to left - to do a figure of 8 type move. I just can't get it, not sure if it needs to be taken over or under the elnow - any advise? Funky Energy blasts to you allM:-)~

We were somewhere around Barstow on the edge of the desert when the drugs began to take hold.

phunkyold hand
877 posts

Posted:
I think you're going to have to change the direction of one of the poi somehow then, kicking it, wrist flick etc.------------------[]Dhuong-Vu Truong==== []Dhunky ====

SorchaTheFlamingmember
235 posts

Posted:
the one handed butterfly was the second or third move i learned! (couse when i learned it i didnt realized what and was trying to see if i could spinn avec one hand)the way i do it is starting at your side (preted you are jumping rope with out the jumping) and bring your hands slowly together infront of you (not too close! as when you learn this i find the poi like ot hit each otehr and smak your face) but bring them together and the poi should, in theory be spinning opposite each other..then quickly grab the other poi handel and hold them both it helps to bend your knees a bit to "get the speed up" once you got it youll know.. i really dont lie learning off teh net cause i cant read the directions and transfer it to the poi.. i learn best by doing.. hope i could help

Teach tolerance, not competition.
Send food, not bombs.