Forums > Beginner Poi Moves > How much do you use BTB weave?

Login/Join to Participate

yashiromember
77 posts

Posted:
Well as the topic says... how much do you use the btb weave? I myself I know btb weave is pretty cool when you go from a weave and then BTB weave, do a few turns and return to the same old weave(turns) windmills corckscrew etc... I don't find the BTB weave a good move for staying forever and ever.. like the windmill or weave, well ur comments =)

NightShade1member
368 posts

Posted:
Its a move a use soo much and you know that yashiro tonguei use it evertime were the music let me do it... i mean to go with the rythm of the music doing it... when i can do it with the rythm of the music i do it smile is the best good looking move i ever seens... well the BTB weave and some turnts looks damn cool smile

Dance like if noone were watching you

phunkyold hand
877 posts

Posted:
Depends on what mood i'm in i guess. Most people use the regular weave as the go to move. Sometimes i try not to do any regular weave and do just btb weaves to windmills and stuff. It's all about variety. Just mix them up and you won't have to worry about what move looks good if you stay on it. Though for one reason keeping the windmill on for more than a couple of beats looks really good...------------------[]Dhuong-Vu Truong==== []Dhunky ====

adamricepoo-bah
1,015 posts

Posted:
I use it all the time--I'll probably go into it and stay on (meaning several iterations, with turns, flourishes, and 360s) it 2 or 3 times in the course of one light-up, and may throw in just one iteration here and there mixed in with an in-front weave. So, no, I don't use it as much as the in-front weave, but it's also not a "stunt" move for me that I need to focus on and maybe throw in at the end.Now, the btb fountain *is* a stunt move for me, and I'll probably only throw that in once during a light-up, if that.Like phunky said, it's all about mixing things up.

Laugh while you can, monkey-boy

Mystaddict
439 posts

Posted:
TOO MUCH!everything btb I use too much. Only because it's slightly more challenging then anything in front. I like anything btb.(with poi, sick-O)Eric

Its about talent, not make up or costumes.

Charlymember
68 posts

Posted:
While it's hard, the btb weave doesn't look good on most people, in my opinion. it looks too contorted and funky...We use it as you described, yashiro - just thrown in here and there as an accent.~*Charly*~The Cabiriwww.cabiri.org

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
I don't BTB, with or without poi. wink But it's a good question and I think it depends on your audience. If you want to impress a dumb crowd, you can stick to the infront stuff (do the weave fast...) If it's a knowledgeable poi posse, BtB gets the ohhs and ahhs...

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

NightShade1member
368 posts

Posted:
"I don't BTB, with or without poi. But it's a good question and I think it depends on your audience. If you want to impress a dumb crowd, you can stick to the infront stuff (do the weave fast...) If it's a knowledgeable poi posse, BtB gets the ohhs and ahhs... "I COULDNT SAY IT BETTER!! omfg!!!!! hahahahaha all the fucking true smile

yashiromember
77 posts

Posted:
dunno, but something that impresses people is when you doa WEAVE & turn and after the turn both poi should be at ur sides and BTB inmediately, when you do it correctly you should see a huge X( like wolvorine) and btb weave right there, that's the coolest movement involved with the BTB weaveanother cool stuff is the fwd BTB fly(which has nothing to do with this topic but...) well, when doing the fwd BTB, you should pull out both poi at the same the at your sides and it will have and image of paralell | | thing flying upwards and then turn and do fwd weave. impressive, but be sure to do it with no one in front of you[This message has been edited by yashiro (edited 08 December 2001).]

NightShade1member
368 posts

Posted:
i do that yashiro but as ya know i got it from Jo derry video!! that man ownZ!! jeez! i wanna see more videos of jo derry!!! =(

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
I've met Jo Derry grin

Meh

NightShade1member
368 posts

Posted:
if ya got videos of him poing gimme cantus!:P

DurbsBRONZE Member
Classically British
5,689 posts

Posted:
I use BTB stuff whilst trying to think what to do next - this works as it's a trick in itself but is easy to do...

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi
Slacker of enormous magnitude

yashiromember
77 posts

Posted:
Damn, Btb weave kick ass....