Forums > Beginner Poi Moves > That alternative butterfly combo?!

Login/Join to Participate

The Welcome Mattmember
193 posts

Posted:
It looks really cool but i can't figure it out. I can start with the butterfly then go into the low wave, but from there I can't figure out how to bring the poi up by your head.. A little difficult to explain, but the move is on HOP's lessons page, but it does me no justice smile If I could get some pointers it would help greatly.Matt

I dreamt that I ate a 10 pound marshmellow and then when I woke up, my pillow was gone!

jonathanenthusiast
210 posts

Posted:
uhhmmm you could try bringing the left hand straight up when the poi moves in front, but try not to get the elbow to much above shoulder height to begin with, keep it relaxed, but tight to begin with (does that make sense?). i dont know if im thinking of the right move, but as the left hand comes up, the poi can go sort into out of phase timing quite easily so depending on what sort of effect youre after thats something to take note of!!but practise my good man as they say makes perfect, and the more you do the easier it will become!! so get in there and reach for the skies

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
try doing a search on the topic.Josh

NightShade1member
368 posts

Posted:
Have anyone of you tried the alternate butterfly but with split time butterfly...that will be mmm alternate split time butterfly...i was practicing yesterday with yashiro... he said it looks really cool... smile

Dance like if noone were watching you