jonathanenthusiast
210 posts

Posted:
ive stumbled across an extra spin! if you continue the 5 beat for an extra weave, and then tuck your leading hand up behind your elbow, the poi will wrap around your arm and then keep going on to the other side. ive no idea how to really explain it, but give it a go anyway!

JaedenGOLD Member
220 posts

Posted:
Yeah, there's pretty much everything from 2 up. I just find it starts to look wierd/bad after 5.As long as you can keep twisting up your strings/wraping your wrists and then unload them on the other side, you gota ? beat weave.

The world is not out to get you but if you fight it you will be eaten alive

phunkyold hand
877 posts

Posted:
What are you talking about? When i bust out my 1 beat weave people are like "Whoa, WHERE DID YOU LEARN THAT?!?" smile------------------[]Dhuong-Vu Truong==== []Dhunky ====

jonathanenthusiast
210 posts

Posted:
well i taught myself how to do poi over the last wee while. my favourite style is to two poi in each hand, doing that butterfly thing. the ones i most like to use are just over two metres long (i hold them in the middle) with a chunk of rock on each end. my fire ones are cool too though, im trying to get some pics or video to this site, but no technology so far

Shouden-CrDSILVER Member
Veteran Member
495 posts

Posted:
*whoa*You taught yourself poi over the past week, and your are using meteors with ROCKS as weights????*remembers how many times he hit himself with glowsticks to leave welts...**thinks about using a rock as a weight*eeek..scary stuffCRD

-=ÇrazyRaverÐude=-

Shouden-CrDSILVER Member
Veteran Member
495 posts

Posted:
I just tried what you said..I believe I accomplished the same thing..but I didnt do any tucking of the arm.I started out doing a forward 5-beat weave..on the right side..right when you sling your right poi down for the extra revolution, rather than bringing your right hand to your left side to continue the weave, keep it completely extended for about half a revolution longer. The left poi string will wrap about half way up your right arm. Then since it is wrapped, when you move your arms back to your left and start to unwrap, it forces the left poi to quickly unwrap..and it looks like both the left and right poi go to the left side together, but the left poi string is significantly shorter. Makes for a really near effect. It excited me soo much to learn this new slightly different move that I had to post about it as soon as I learned it. I guess you could call it a sloppy 6-beat weave. smile------------------ [PLUR]-=Crazy Raver Dude=-

-=ÇrazyRaverÐude=-

jonathanenthusiast
210 posts

Posted:
thats cool crazy!when your practising it start off with your feet shoulder width apart, but standing square. then as you bring your right arm and tuck it up behind your left elbow, step forward with your left leg one natural step. try to keep your feet shoulder width apart and it should flow quite nicely after a bit of practise, theres heaps of moves like that, walking with the poi is quite important to get the more bizzaire moves. i would even go so far as to say if you run your little arse off and try to turn around heaps while spinning them , you'll get the idea!!cool as then, oh yeah, when i said id taught my self over the last wee while i kind of ment 5 years. poi were used as martial arts weapons by the maori back in the days........nasty nasty nasty!!!------------------