Forums > Beginner Poi Moves > Easy way to go into btb weave????? NEED HELP!!!

Login/Join to Participate

EmanSILVER Member
18 posts

Posted:
Ok, I have been trying to find an easier way to go into the btb weave and the only one I really have is like half of a low turn into a btb weave. it looks good when i can get it, but I only get it like 30% of the time. The btb weave is no problem, its just the transition into it that kills me. Anyone know an easier way to go into it??? PLEASE tell me, im getting so annoyed!!!! Thanks!!!-Eman

Le coeur a ses raisons que la raison ne connait pas

adamricepoo-bah
1,015 posts

Posted:
I don't know about any turns or anything, I just start with a side-circle, reach one hand behind and across, and I'm into a btb weave. You can start from a weave (fwd or rvs), separate your hands, and throw in a side-circle to get you to the same starting point.The more you work on it, the more your body will just know what to do. I was doing the btb weave for about 3 months before I could really do it fluidly and integrate it well. With poi, I keep discovering new transitions, etc, and it's almost as if my body figures these things out without any help from my brain.

Laugh while you can, monkey-boy

phunkyold hand
877 posts

Posted:
can't get any easier than reverse spinning or forward spinning.------------------[]Dhuong-Vu Truong==== []Dhunky ====

EmanSILVER Member
18 posts

Posted:
adamrice,i heard thats easier, and i have tried it. i figured that there can only be a few ways to go into it, so i guess ill work on that way, it seems easier. i have gotten the btb weave for like a month now, and i guess it just takes time to get to be able to integrate it. well thanks, i appreciate it!!!-Eman

Le coeur a ses raisons que la raison ne connait pas

NightShade1member
368 posts

Posted:
there is no easy way to do it...at least to me it took me lot of practice...now i can get the BTB weave like as easy as i got the weave....then was other lot of practice for the 360 BTB weaves... hahaha man you gotta practice practice only way... you will find out how to do it easy by yerself....well at the beggining you will just get sometimes... and hey be happy you starting to get it... i was when i used to get it 30% of times! after that with practice i start getting it always and there i get it always now smile and man try learning the BTB forward weaave firts... cause its easier to go into a weave---> btb weave... than a reverse weave to a BTB rev weave...

Dance like if noone were watching you

adamricepoo-bah
1,015 posts

Posted:
Now, just in case anyone wants a *more difficult* way to get into a btb weave, it is technically possible to get into it from a btb butterfly. I've only managed it a few times myself, but it's conceptually the same as going from a regular butterfly into a regular weave.

Laugh while you can, monkey-boy

RaVeRxSurGemember
18 posts

Posted:
Going from weave to btb weave is ezy.. .just practice it

-RaVeR SurGe

Marlboromember
180 posts

Posted:
Another way to start it (for the reverse btb) is to swing the poi (half revolutions) in front of you - same direction - same speed - work them so the swing behind you, then as you bring them onto your left side flcik your left wrist and flow in to the weave. just be careful of the left poi when it comes on to the right side for the first swing as it will be off line.Thanx go to 'Orange' to showing me this last weekend!!Hope that works for yaPeaceM:-)~

We were somewhere around Barstow on the edge of the desert when the drugs began to take hold.

Ajaymember
158 posts

Posted:
taking a few steps back here, any advice on the btb weave?i cant get it at all, is it just a case of practice if so what is the best way to practice?

One fine day in the middle of the night,
Two dead men got up to fight,
Back to back they faced each other,
Drew there swords and Shot each other.

FlamingNoshmember
5 posts

Posted:
1:Great flowing way of going into BTB weave is following a low turn. View the Home of Poi vids for an idea before you hit the garden. At the end of the low turn as the poi are behind you, cross hands behind your back entering BTB weave. 2:Another way is to go in following a backwards weave. As right arm is on underside coming back over to right side of body swing it down behind back. At same time bring left hand poi behind back and enter BTB weave.Hope this gives you some ideas. Captain NoshEt en arcadia ego

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
the easiest way i find if you can do the btb reverse weave is:when your poi are on the second spin on the left side of you body during a reverse weave and your about to cross over to the right hand side keep your left poi for a single spin and instead of letting ur right poi spin on your right side, imediatly follow it round behind your back to the left side and you should automatically be doing a btb reverse weave with a bit of practice you will get it! or you can try one rotation with your poi on each side the go in to it with your right poi first. keep doing that and then maybe try going straight in to it it took me a few days to figure it out. then figure out how to get back out!hope you like the pain grinvain eGo

Blackfiremember
15 posts

Posted:
Hi, I found that the easyest way to go into a btb reverse weave is form spinning the poi parallel reverse. When the poi is swinging up, swing one poi faster and the other behind you to the side of the faster poi. Now you are in the btb reverse weave.I hope you understand what I mean.------------------Blackfire

Blackfire

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
i think you missed to topic of convo the blackfire. "how to go into the btb weave" hence can allready do it..sorry had too much coffee today grinpk grin

DJ DantanaBRONZE Member
veteran
1,495 posts

Posted:
best way I found was to start by just doing a 2 beat BTB crossover, then do it's opposite, then put em together to get a 3 beat. watching someone else do it in person helps a lot too.

we eat and we drink and we smoke and we try!

MrConfusedBRONZE Member
addict
529 posts

Posted:
This might be obvious to some, but no-ones posted it so I thought I would throw it in:From the windmill, when your right hand is behind your head, turn 90 degrees to your right and bring your left hand behind your back. Your poi should already moving in split time, so should go quite easily into the btb weave.Hope it helps

If you're not confused, you're not thinking about things hard enough.

Badgermember
2 posts

Posted:
when i was learning it i found that just spinning the poi at the side of your body (backwards) and then going into it from there helped, but not very pretty or fluid move, for fwrd i found that going into it from fwrd weave was easiest but i still hit myself and my shoulders are bruised to hell, i just cant turn them anyone know how?

when i am rich you will be my drug monkey

vanizeSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,899 posts

Posted:
I always thought the easiest way was to go into BTB weaves directly from the corresponding regular one...

is that just me?

I guess that is pretty much what pk... described, so maybe not.

-v-

Wiederstand ist Zwecklos!

garthySILVER Member
old hand
717 posts

Posted:
Do a BHB butterfly weave and then bounce one of your poi of your arm into a normal weave! ubblol Easy! ubblol tongue ubbangel rolleyes

"**grumble*spuriouswindmills*grumble**" - Coleman
"if poi was only for girls there wouldnt be many good poi spinners...." - Nx