s-p-l-a-tmember
383 posts

Posted:
Yes I did a search and the page had been removed or my browser is screwed maybe both?Anyway someone said somewhere that kerosene intolerance gets worse with more exposure and I have to say this is definitely not true in my case. (Perhaps it varies from person to person?)I have been playing and performing with more fire than ever and the only thing I get now is the occasional light-headed headache (which incidently can be removed or prevented via aromatherapy remedies within a few seconds). No more nausea.. or anything like that. *YAY* I was speaking to a chemist from a popular fire-twirling fuel resource and he was telling me an interesting thing about fire breathing too. The fact is, cause its in your mouth it is being absorbed pretty much straight away. (Just like if you put cocaine on your gums. Straight into the bloodstream) Now unless of course you are getting pure (expensive!) aviation fuel or big huge barrels of fire fuel..(although these are still filled with detrimental chemicals).. your fuel is simply not pure..you are absorbing loads of well..chemicals! But you knew that I suppose? smileThe addictive rush ppl claim that is what keeps them breathing and loving it is not *purely* the adrenalin and endorphins and body-reactive goodness-chemicals. In fact when you breathe and absorb these unknown quantities of various fuel chemicals you are getting addicted to these also as the vast majority have an addictive nature in themselves. Just some info for those who are interested, cause I was.

The beautiful thing about learning is that no one can take it away from you.- B.B.King

NYC_not_PKOne Tyred Guy
203 posts

Posted:
Chemical Toxicity and Sensitivity are quite different than "building up a tolerance." IN GENERAL, (though perhaps not in your case) the body organs responsible for removing toxins from the body become damaged from overuse. Perhaps you have a good liver. I'd hate to see Russian Roulette logic used here... (take a revolver with one bullet, spin it, pull the trigger and when nothing happened hand it to your friend and say "Nothing happened to me, see it's harmless!")I also don't know of any biochemically addictive chemicals in fuels. In the true biochemical sense of the word, very few things are addictive.Chem police on the job.I'm NOT touching psychological addiction with a 10' pole though.

PK is a god.. i love the Peeekster.

.:PK:. [poiinthepark founder member]

Educate your self in the Hazards of Fire Breathing smileSTAY SAFE! hug

s-p-l-a-tmember
383 posts

Posted:
hmm... I guess this is why people do not become sole fire performers for their entire lives? Chemical wear and tear on livers? Anyone know anyone who's done it for 20 years or more professionally? And then gone onto have babies that were perfectly healthy? Hell, had perfect health for the duration of those 20 years? Too many questions I suppose...The impurities in fuel surely cannot all be written down and named and put into a tidy little box though? I mean ... tobacco smoke has however many thousands of chemicals in it... there are x amount of additives in a variety of different compounds for several kinds of fuel. Would burning these mutate the chemical structure in a way that is unique to each bottle/mix of a certain kind of fuel? Creating a multitude of different chemicals? I have been experimenting with different detoxifying ways more than ever fairly recently.. perhaps this has helped..or perhaps the damage is going more kind of internal and I've just stopped picking up on it? Lots of questions cause I have little idea about what it is I am asking. Thanks for the reply, this subject (chemicals) has always fascinated me.

The beautiful thing about learning is that no one can take it away from you.- B.B.King

JeStErSILVER Member
enthusiast
214 posts

Posted:
Hi everyone, I've never breathed with kero although i did do it for a while using liquid parafin, (there both hydrocarbons obtained from from oil (fossil fuels). But be warned kero has lead added to it and subsequently you can get lead poisoning if you frequently fire breath with it, i've also been told that there is no completely non-toxic fuel on the market, supposeidly it can cause emphasemia and also lowers a certain type of cell in your blood although I can't remember which. I'm not writing this to try and scare anyone, just putting up info that I think you should know.PS I don't fire breath anymore, as much because i couldn't stand the taste or dry cracked lips (the fact that I didn't lump on the vaseline or lip balm probably didn't help), as the thought of the chemicals, PPS I smoke.

Trying to play the Akashic records,
but my turntables not compatible.