Forums > Beginner Poi Moves > Newbie's Infinite Weave Variation

Login/Join to Participate

DocLiquidmember
97 posts

Posted:
Hello all, I've been spinning now for just a couple of month's after attending a rave where somebody busted out with fire poi, granted I had seen it with glowsticks many times before, but this just blew my mind. And so I've had nothing else on my mind since then except moves. I've mastered all the moves in the lessons section except BTB moves(soon to come of course), and in my endeavor to find and learn more moves I came across a couple Infinite Weave threads. Here's my variation:Start of course by doing the weave and as you begin the extra rotation on your right side for the five beat weave place the left hand poi string into your right hand as it is swinging down(it's easiest to do this by holding the string with your right hand between your ring finger(or pinky) and palm as your oter fingers will still be controlling the poi that's already in your right hand)Sorry if that was confusing: So now both poi are swinging at opposites ends of your right hand, let them swing like this for one full rotation(It's easiest to do this by jerking your right elbow upwards) as you slide your left hand out from under your right and place it on top to grab the original right poi that is on your index finger(or wherever you place yours)Now both poi will be in the opposite hands that they started in with your right hand under your left. Swing both hands one more rotation on your right side. I believe this will have been six beats(correct me if I'm wrong please)Now you can either infinitely repeat this or bring it back to your left side for some more bad@$$ moves. Enjoy.Doc ------------------Let us Light up the Night[This message has been edited by DocLiquid (edited 15 November 2001).]

Let us Light up the Night

phunkyold hand
877 posts

Posted:
Don't you hate it when you post a new move and no one replies?------------------[]Dhuong-Vu Truong==== []Dhunky ====

DocLiquidmember
97 posts

Posted:
Aint it the truth, it's just because everyone is too lazy too read all of that. Well, they can't learn it then!

Shouden-CrDSILVER Member
Veteran Member
495 posts

Posted:
I read it.42.------------------ [PLUR]-=Crazy Raver Dude=-

-=ÇrazyRaverÐude=-

DJ DantanaBRONZE Member
veteran
1,495 posts

Posted:
OK, that was cool! I'll will try it when I get home.

we eat and we drink and we smoke and we try!

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
I thought it was cool, but I cant do it cuz of my finger grip design.Keep up the good work, and your description technique is nice and understandable.Id give you a pat on the back, but you might think I was being condescending so I wont. smileJosh

DocLiquidmember
97 posts

Posted:
thanks guys, I also realized that this move can be transversed to almost any move. Try it with a windmill!!! It creates a superfast spiraling pattern. Doc==PLUR==