phunkyold hand
877 posts

Posted:
Here's something i've been working on.-start with your left hand forward spinning, and your right hand reverse spinning.-Throw the left hand poi through your legs infront and throw your right hand poi through your legs from behind. Make sure you keep your left hand poi near your left leg and your right hand poi near your right leg as much as possible to make the move clean.-As the poi go through your legs and are a quarter done its rotation turn left (or right) bend forward slightly (the awkward body motion you have to do to get this right is laughable smile ) and quickly turn right again and let the poi exit from your legs. If your good enough you can continue in any direction you want without bailing out, haven't gotten there yet, its quite a difficult move for the length of my poi.viola, looks like your turning a butterfly between your legs with your hand infront and behind you.----------------------------oh ya, another move i just remembered. It's alot easier but also looks pretty good.-start from a forward butterfly.-lets say you turn to your right side, do a burning the nose move with your left hand going under the nose and your right hand going down above the nose.-Turn right again and join up for a rev butterfly.-----------------------------I'm in a good mood so i'll share one more smileTis a wrap-start from... err whatever you just have to be in reverse spinning. Lets say reverse low wave.-Lift up your leg and bend your knee at a 90 degree angle, bring your left hand poi under that leg, as it goes under and rotates, aim it toward your foot, it should go around your foot and stall and bounce back.-Another thing, you don't have to wrap it. You can just make it an under the leg move.-When your leg is at a 90 degree angle, let your left hand go under your leg, as it makes its rotation and is on its downswing bend your knee so its pointing toward the ground and make a kicking motion backwards. The poi should seemlessly exit your legs.-One more thing about the wrap one. Instead of letting it wrap, realease the handle as its wrapping and try to catch it with your right hand as the poi unwrap around. It should come out forward spinning. Or release the handle and catch with your left hand and it should come out reverse. anyways, some moves off the top of my head. enjoy smile------------------[]Dhuong-Vu Truong==== []Dhunky ====[This message has been edited by phunky (edited 13 November 2001).]

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
I really like the first one phunk smileA Query, when you say throw, do you actually let go? or are you just talking about the alignment of the swing?josh

phunkyold hand
877 posts

Posted:
ya you let go so it spins around you foot. Not unlike that "infinite weave" that they are talking about... which suddenly gives me another idea lol smile------------------[]Dhuong-Vu Truong==== []Dhunky ====

phunkyold hand
877 posts

Posted:
[For nightshade]------------------[]Dhuong-Vu Truong==== []Dhunky ====

NightShade1member
368 posts

Posted:
What are the size of the strings when you doing under legs moves???

Dance like if noone were watching you

phunkyold hand
877 posts

Posted:
The poi i have are about an inch longer than my arm. For under the legs move you don't need short poi, you just need to get the angle right so the enter through your legs with out touching your body.------------------[]Dhuong-Vu Truong==== []Dhunky ====

jonathanenthusiast
210 posts

Posted:
some pretty cool moves........

NightShade1member
368 posts

Posted:
I got the butterfly fountain but i guess im kinda dumb for under legs moves... i never tried that before and i get problems cause i hit my self i need to control them more i guess.. :/ dunno

NightShade1member
368 posts

Posted:
Well now i know the BTL moves im checking this moves... but tell me whats a burning the nose move?

phunkyold hand
877 posts

Posted:
err, good luck on that first move. It's a tuffy smileUpdate on that first move, you don't have to do that awkward turning thing i explained, just do a 180. You can turn it either way.Anyways nightshade, as much as i love explaining every detail to of every move to you, you gotta figure out some stuff for yourself. I seriously thinking i'm stunting your growth by telling you the shortcuts. You know that saying, Give a boy a fish and he has food for a day. Teach that boy how to fish and he'll have food for life.------------------[]Dhuong-Vu Truong==== []Dhunky ====

jonathanenthusiast
210 posts

Posted:
to true phunky smile*nudges ribs*you forgot to say something like "Dont look at me....look at the sky or you will miss the moon and all its heavenly glory!!!" wink

NightShade1member
368 posts

Posted:
Okay i have been reading like the topics of the last year when i wasnt here on HOP errr i saw what was BTN but still dont get it(because of my english sucking....) he said"BTN..is when you spin the poi forward or backwards, palms facing toward your body, forming a wheel-like shage in front of you. I always imagined it looking like a ban-saw cutting into my chest. Its called burn the nose because when they are too long, the POI come very close to your face as they are spinning."Which make me things like its like a helicopter or an atom or something like that :/ for the palm facing towards yer body(means that my pamls of my hands are looking to the sky right?) The thing that i dont know how is it its cause my english not cause im lazy(like i admit i was on BTL moves) its just cause i dont get what it means right? Other thing"-Lift up your leg and bend your knee at a 90 degree angle"this mean having one of my legs like if iam sitting on a chair And one more thing!NOONE Never told me that chasing the moon was BTL move!!! when i asked! bleh ;P they said me lot of other sutff but never It is a BTL move! tongue sucks!!! hehno wonder why i never figure out how to made it! bleh....fucking hell if i wanna do shooting the moon over and over gotta move soo much my leg :/ [This message has been edited by NightShade1 (edited 05 March 2002).]

phunkyold hand
877 posts

Posted:
For the record, shooting the moon (chasing the moon, whatever) is not an official standarized move name. It's something the people around my city call a low chasing the sun. Split-time or not.Depending on who you ask shoot the moon might be a btl move, i think adam rice said something like that.------------------[]Dhuong-Vu Truong==== []Dhunky ====

NightShade1member
368 posts

Posted:
No that was joshhttps://www.homeofpoi.com/ubb/Forum3/HTML/000037.htmlanyhow seems to me chasing the moon its like chasing the sun but BTL hey phunky whats BHTB?

phunkyold hand
877 posts

Posted:
no, shoot the moon isn't between the legs... well my version of it anyways. One hand is doing the forward low-wave motion, while the other is doing a reverse low-wave motion. Essentially, a low chase the sun. Like most moves though YOU CAN do it between the legs.------------------[]Dhuong-Vu Truong==== []Dhunky ====

phunkyold hand
877 posts

Posted:
err, BHTB?i dunno, you tell me?damn acronyms everywhere, hard to keep up.------------------[]Dhuong-Vu Truong==== []Dhunky ====