Forums > Beginner Poi Moves > Has anyone tried butterfly weave?

Login/Join to Participate

NightShade1member
368 posts

Posted:
Last week i tried this ummm butterfly on my left side and then i start alternating the butterfly from right to the left really fastbut i pass firts one poi then the other and it looks like a weave but with the pois going in different directions... Also i start doing 360 degrees turnings doing that and likea butterfly fountain??? kinda like it hahahaha dunno wink im pretty sure this have done before by someone of you but i wonder how it looks :/If someone done it how it looks ;o

Dance like if noone were watching you

DmAlterEgo
128 posts

Posted:
Yep, got this one on my cards, and seen a couple of people do it. Jo Derry does it in one of his videos, split time as well I think.It looks good smile

We're nothing but the nerds they think we are

adamricepoo-bah
1,015 posts

Posted:
Yeah, it's a nice move. If you work on the timing, you can bring both chains across together. Just remember to keep the opposite-side hand forward and above the same-side hand. The hand motion as you cross over is somewhat similar to sliding your hands along the top of a car's steering wheel.

Laugh while you can, monkey-boy

phunkyold hand
877 posts

Posted:
wow, thats a perfect explanation smile------------------[]Dhuong-Vu Truong==== []Dhunky ====

EmanSILVER Member
18 posts

Posted:
yes!!!! good explanation, this is just a variation of the horizontal mexican weave, is it no??? its just vertical!!!! its a really easy move and it looks really good!!

Le coeur a ses raisons que la raison ne connait pas

phunkyold hand
877 posts

Posted:
I wouldn't say that is a variation of a horizontal mexican wave but probably along the same lines. The equivalent horizontal move would be a a horizontal butterfly over your head and then bring it down so it changes directions near your chest and repeat.Other equivalents that people may not knowcorkscrew= horizontal figure 8windmill= figure 8 above your headso anyways, its all about the figure 8's and where you put it grin------------------[]Dhuong-Vu Truong==== []Dhunky ====