Forums > Beginner Poi Moves > A butterfly variation (What would you call this?)

Login/Join to Participate

Eddiemember
7 posts

Posted:
I'll try to explain this as briefly as possible...Start with a Butterfly but with the pois crossing at the sides of the circle instead of top and bottom. Practice turning around to a reverse butterfly until you can turn 90 degrees and have the pois cross on every swing (this is kind of like a weave but with the pois going in opposite directions (your hands don't cross). Get used to this in both forward and backward directions.Now stand front on again and go behind (both pois) on one side for half a turn, bring them back and go behind on the other side. You'll notice that you have one and a half spins in front each time.Lastly, pull the pois strongly across the front so that you can reduce the one and a half spins in front to half a spin and you got it.If I've described it correctly the pois should be spinning in opposite directions and each poi should do a full circle behind your right back, half a circle in front then a full circle behind your left back, your hands should be together the whole time.Great site guys,EddiePS, As a visual contribution, here's a photo of me doing the weave, taken about a year ago. https://www.ozemail.com.au/~rogueqd/me.jpg

phunkyold hand
877 posts

Posted:
I believe that is turning a split-time butterfly.------------------[]Dhuong-Vu Truong==== []Dhunky ====

GaBBeRave19member
72 posts

Posted:
the first one iz just crossing a splittime butterfly from left to rightthe second one soundz like a splittime butterfly lower fountain with 1 1/2 beats in front the third one is the same thing minus a full beat in frontwhich will eventually lead to the splittime butterfly full fountain maybe go regular time for behind the head and keep that extra beat in front

phunkyold hand
877 posts

Posted:
shhh, none of this fountain talk :P------------------[]Dhuong-Vu Truong==== []Dhunky ====

Mystaddict
439 posts

Posted:
I can't believe you all are saying the "F" word after all the confusion before.

Its about talent, not make up or costumes.