Forums > Beginner Poi Moves > Fountain Definition: VOTE NOW

Login/Join to Participate
Page: 12
Ithaca

Total posts: 45
Posted:ok, this is beggining to piss me off.I personally dont think fountain is:weave/corkscrew/revweave,more:weave/corsckrew/weave/revcorkscrew/weave (as described on the fountain thread)However I don't really care which one it really is, so I say why dont we vote for what we each think the fountain is, and the one that gets the most votes we define as the fountain. Then decide a name for the other and then all this bollard can cease.So which do you thing fountain is:1.weave/corkscrew/revweave2.weave/corsckrew/weave/revcorkscrew/weaveIncidentally if the fountain is the former then it is quite simple to do the whole motion in five beats instead of three in both directions, you could actually spin a few 360's in one direction and then in the other. Also why not stick a windwill or a low wave in in both directions?Anyway, vote now!

------------------
errrm I intend to live forever, or at least die trying.
Voltaire

Delete Topic

Durbs
BRONZE Member since Sep 2001

Durbs

Classically British

Total posts: 5688
Posted:Er... well in simplistic terms, keeping it all wallplane, weave -> windmill -> rev-weave (repeat) is an anti-spun fountain...

Rev-weave -> windmill -> weave being with spin..

(In my mind anyway...)

I still dispute there's a full windmill in a fountain though

*runs*

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi
Slacker of enormous magnitude

Delete

Sambo_Flux
GOLD Member since Jun 2006

Sambo_Flux

Introverted

Total posts: 833
Posted:There's no windmills in a fountain. Only the illusion of windmills... wink

My Mind is a Ship
Emotions become the Waves
Soul is the Ocean

If a quizz is quizzical, what is a test?

Delete

Gnor
BRONZE Member since Mar 2003

Gnor

Carpal \'Tunnel

Total posts: 5814
Posted:There are no droids in a windmill.

Ive stopped getting hung up on names of moves.
I liked Durbs move description. Splittime swishy swashy.

Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

Im in a lonely battle with the world with a fish to match the chip on my shoulder. Gnu in Binnu in a cnu

Delete

Page: 12