Auspoiboymember
219 posts

Posted:
I don't know whether anyone has ever tried this (i did a search but didn't find anything).The other day i kinf flicked my string/wire/chain when doing a really slow backwards weave. This made the afore mentioned string flick all the way around the poi which i then caught and started doing a forwards weave. I can do it with both hands (not really well) but do other people do this.....CheersAPB

Good on usGood on us all

CassandraFroggie ... Ribbit !!!
4,224 posts

Posted:
I am not sure I got what you say, but it looks like juggling with poi / throwing them in the air to me , right ?A few previous thread covered this subject, yes, and it is quite fun indeed !In case I misunderstood your point, please explain again !!Shine onCass

"I want brown bread... no, that is diesel oil..."
"So I was raised in Europe, where History comes from ..."
"NON !!! La Plume de mon oncle n est pas Bingibangibungi !!!"

Auspoiboymember
219 posts

Posted:
Its not really juggling, its more getting the poi to stay exactly where it is whilst the rope spins around it. Its kinda hard to explain.Eh.CheersAPB

Good on usGood on us all

CassandraFroggie ... Ribbit !!!
4,224 posts

Posted:
send us a video ...I am intrigued ! smileShine onCass

"I want brown bread... no, that is diesel oil..."
"So I was raised in Europe, where History comes from ..."
"NON !!! La Plume de mon oncle n est pas Bingibangibungi !!!"

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
I used to do that with my jump rope to go from forwards to backwards with a jerky cool looking thing! Nice one Apb!!!! However, Ihave no idea how to help you explain this one! shocked------------------Pele Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir...https://www.pyromorph.com

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

Auspoiboymember
219 posts

Posted:
Well at least someone knows what im talking about. I am gonna have to try and do a small little vid so i can do the whole mug shot gallery and explain something at the same time routine.CheersAPB

Good on usGood on us all

phunkyold hand
877 posts

Posted:
I'm not totally understanding you're explanation. Are you doing a stall to make it go forward?------------------[]Dhuong-Vu Truong==== []Dhunky ====

Auspoiboymember
219 posts

Posted:
I don't think so phunky.What i do is 1. break from the backwards weave, so you have a poi on either side of your body.2. As the poi are coming up in front of you flick the strings back towards the ground. This should make the string flip all the way around the poi (which stay relatively still, but could still move) and the land back in your hands.3. Instead of the poi passing back over you shoulder as they normally would just going backwards, step 2 should make the poi begin to drop infront of you, this means that when you catch them they should go back down and you can start to do forwards weave.I hope this helped explain things a little betterCheersAPB

Good on usGood on us all

phunkyold hand
877 posts

Posted:
ahhh, icso just jerking motion at the height of the circle to change the momentum.------------------[]Dhuong-Vu Truong==== []Dhunky ====

Auspoiboymember
219 posts

Posted:
Yeah, you sort half let go of the string half flick it.CheersAPB

Good on usGood on us all

DJ DantanaBRONZE Member
veteran
1,495 posts

Posted:
now you just need to learn how to throw the poi so that the chain stays strait and the poi doesn't rotate, then you can pass it to someone!

we eat and we drink and we smoke and we try!

Bendymember
750 posts

Posted:
santanatwo - you can easily do that with no handle on the poi - i tried to get em spinning and it is harder when there is no handle.

Courage is the man who can stop after only one peanut

phunkyold hand
877 posts

Posted:
LOL, i got your email APB. That is one slick ass diagram. Oh man. I totally understand now. I've actually done that move before. Oh well smile------------------[]Dhuong-Vu Truong==== []Dhunky ====