Forums > Beginner Poi Moves > Fountain = weave >> windmill >> rev weave

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
phunkyold hand
877 posts

Posted:
Bump this back to the top every once and awhile. Maybe people will stop asking about it.------------------[]Dhuong-Vu Truong==== []Dhunky ====

Thistleold hand
950 posts

Posted:
I've never liked any of you Your discombobbulating technical discussion flummoxes me

Are we nearly there yet?

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
quote:
Originally posted by Thistle:
I've never liked any of you Your discombobbulating technical discussion flummoxes me
how about a good old hug from yer old mucka? one day thistle this jargon will all make sense, once you've run around calling your self gilligan that is.

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
NYC .. seeking video of watermill??, i do one whilst taking a kick from sir bluebeast in the ho to! video. you should down load it you know and eat up jez's bandwidth... only kidding please view but send jez a hug!

Dragon7GOLD Member
addict
625 posts

Posted:
bump

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
ubblol spank

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
i come to 'dis cafe quite a lot myself.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
Oh dear God. frown

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

StoneGOLD Member
Stream Entrant
2,829 posts

Posted:
lol Dragon7

but, very naughty wink

spank

hehehe, fountains smile

If we as members of the human race practice meditation, we can transcend our fear, despair, and forgetfulness. Meditation is not an escape. It is the courage to look at reality with mindfulness and concentration. Thich Nhat Hanh

Dragon7GOLD Member
addict
625 posts

Posted:
yes i deserve a spanking wink

But i will always use the name of the title as a "pure" reference for a fountain. Only because there is a website around that has a .gif of weave>windmill>revweave as the move for fountain.

Untill someone can show me what is concidered "proper fountain" i will be stuck with this definition. So stone/ glass/ p.k who ever...plz post a link to something that makes fountain alot clearer. Im sure its online, i mean they have images of WW!

And lets face it, weave>windmill>revweave is the 1st combo newbs learn!

How else am i ment to understand hyperloop fountain unless i can define fountain?!?

Is it like a reel or combo of reels?

StoneGOLD Member
Stream Entrant
2,829 posts

Posted:
No problem, Dragon7 smile

Go to media circus

Enter media circus site

Click - dvd & videos

Click - the art of club swinging

Scroll down to download sample video

There is an example a full fountain in the video.

Let us know what you think

cheers biggrin

If we as members of the human race practice meditation, we can transcend our fear, despair, and forgetfulness. Meditation is not an escape. It is the courage to look at reality with mindfulness and concentration. Thich Nhat Hanh

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
Yes, it's clearly defined.

It does not, contrary to the thread title, include a windmill.

That was back in the days when people like me were wrong.

Before we figured it all out. wink

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

TheBovrilMonkeySILVER Member
Liquid Cow
2,629 posts

Posted:

There's also this pdf that's taken from Anna Jillings' club swinging book.

But there's no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

GothFrogetteBRONZE Member
grumpy poorly froggy
3,999 posts

Posted:
Written by: phunky

Points for difficulty of moves... lol, im down with that. They should make a poi videogame. Sorta like that Dance Dance revolution game but with like gloves that have sensors in them and [censored]. That would be quite interesting smile

------------------

[]Dhuong-Vu Truong
==== []Dhunky ====

My 11 year old son was saying this exact same thing last night while we were eating dinner

Life's too short to worry about where you put your marshmallows

Dragon7GOLD Member
addict
625 posts

Posted:
Wow awsome! ty, i finally get it ubblol only took 2 yrs to get an answer biggrin

I like the differences between the vid and the .pdf. smile Easy to see there are variations.

Sry to come accross as a byatch but it looks like there is a windmill in the videoclip?! Dont wanna start something here...ill just say "thanks!" and leave it and go pratice smile

beerchug

StoneGOLD Member
Stream Entrant
2,829 posts

Posted:
Good one Dragon7 cool

The top circles for the fountain are done in front of the head, windmills are done behind the head. Not convinced? Then do both. From the circles in front go to a windmill behind, then reach up for two more circles above the head. There are a few other variations in the club swinging thread.

cheers smile

StoutBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
1,872 posts

Posted:
So that's a fountain, I've also been wondering about these things for two years, I never suspected there was a couple of spins with your hands down low. Must experiment

Gav486SILVER Member
You have 23 seconds to comply!
122 posts

Posted:
This is where those of us that got our moves out of Michal Khan's Poi Spinning book can feel smug.

It's described perfectly in there, too.

You cannot trust this boy! His mind has been corrupted by colours, sounds and shapes.

Page: