Forums > Beginner Poi Moves > 'infinite' beat weave .. hehehe

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
Firstly, DAMN. DAMN DAMN DAMN. It really sucks learning heaps of new moves just DAYS after sending a video to malcolm. Anywho..I'll try and describe this for the right handers (i'm a lefty)...Start by doing a normal weave - either direction, but i find forwards easier.When the weave is on the right side of your body, and the right hand is about to cross back to your left, the left hand should be underneath the right arm.Instead of bringing the right hand back to the left side, keep it spinning at a normal pace (or speed it up for the HARDCORE amongst you wink )..This would normally cross your wrists into a 5 beat.. instead, use your right arm as a hinge point for a THROW with the left hand.. let go of the left poi and it should swing round your right arm, near the wrist, catch it with your left after it comes back over the top.Repeat this throwing process and you have an 'infinite' weave. (ok ok, it's not really is it, but it looks like one kinda.. grin )I hope I've explained this properly smile

tiamat_22580I will kill all mods
210 posts

Posted:
sounds like something to try

¿

[Nx?]BRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,749 posts

Posted:
Dan,

that aint me doing the jumpy stuff, its my hand fishtailing tho (exept its not a proper fishtail )

and in english a hyperloop is anyhting wheer the chains wrap and an airwrap is one that dosnt transition to the other side of the body, at least thats what i call em.

Cole, Tell me about it

oh well, Im going to work on some secret weapons for when they get back....

Lr

T

This is a post by tom, all spelling is deleberate
-><- Kallisti

DeepSoulSheepGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,617 posts

Posted:
Ok you 2 are contradicting each other and now I'm confused. Which is it? I thought an airwrap was close to handles?

I live in a world of infinite possibilities.

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
they're all just names.

say tangles and have done with it

personally i consider them all airwraps - the airwrap family if you like.
the most basic one is that crazy thing where they tangle and untangle on the same side and i normally just call that an airwrap.

then all the stuff where there is a tangle from one side to another, about halfway down the strings i call hyperloops.

tangled buzzsaws are just what they sound like.

i think most of the london crew at least use these terms too...

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
i come to 'dis cafe quite a lot myself.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

DurbsBRONZE Member
Classically British
5,689 posts

Posted:
I love this move
I'd completely forgotten about it until someone bumped this - it's always been a bit sketchy and is only do-able on certain types of poi but it still looks nice.

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi
Slacker of enormous magnitude

MikeIconGOLD Member
Pooh-Bah
2,109 posts

Posted:
quote:
eerp, no. Then it is not an isolated weave (Both poi circling around ONE center, which is in the case of isolations not the hands).

But you can keep the weave infinite between your arms. Sadly I think it has already been discovered and named
I dont really see what you mean. An isolation is when the poi rotate around a point between your hand and the poi (center of the chain). You can isolate one poi by itself. If both poi were rotating around one center you would have a butterfly.

I cant do a FULLY isolated weave very well but what I meant was, I do a weave and isolate them on the sides. When you do this, you can just keep doing it as long as you want.

Let's turn those old bridges we crossed into ashes.
We'll blaze a new trail,
and torch the rough patches.

-Me

PoiBoxmember
85 posts

Posted:
A weave you can do with "theoratically infinite long" poi. No matter if isolated or not.
This way you cannot keep them infinite on one side.
What you mean is probably a "static" isolation where the points of rotation are not the same. Kind of this variation !?! (nicely done at 3:50 in the howto movie).

quote:
If both poi were rotating around one center you would have a butterfly
Butterfly is if they rotate around one point in different directions . . .

The other thing mentioned is a buzzsaw which cannot be done with "theoretically infinite long" poi.

[ 09. August 2003, 15:56: Message edited by: PoiBox ]

MikeIconGOLD Member
Pooh-Bah
2,109 posts

Posted:
Yes, the one in howto is what Im talking about. It may not technically be a weave but it would be how you would go about adding the effect of more beats on a fully isolated weave... Correct?

[ 09. August 2003, 21:17: Message edited by: Royal ]

We'll blaze a new trail,

-Me

PoiBoxmember
85 posts

Posted:
The problem would be that both poi wouldnt build a single circle anymore - which is more or less the essence of the weave. BTW, you can add this effect to an unisolated weave as well.
But looks very nice though

Go on !

((If you want to add extra beats to an isolated weave, try the 5 beat isolation - what a wonderful twist! ))

[Nx?]BRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,749 posts

Posted:
Dont believe him,

5 beat isolation will do your nuts!

T

This is a post by tom, all spelling is deleberate
-><- Kallisti

MikeIconGOLD Member
Pooh-Bah
2,109 posts

Posted:
Lol, I cant even picture an isolated 5 beat. Too much wrist snapage for me.

We'll blaze a new trail,

-Me

Page: