phunkyold hand
877 posts

Posted:
So you're doing your forward low wave. For ease of explaining the move will be done with the right hand though i can be done on either side. Anyways, from forward low wave when your right hand is making a circle in the front stick out your leg and catch the poi near the handle by bending your knee. Sorta like a wrap but don't wrap it all the way just snag it. Let go of the handle and then continue the low wave motion with your leg, when i comes behind you and is going up, unbend your knee so the poi go air bourne and then catch.------------------[]Dhuong-Vu Truong==== []Dhunky ====

phunkyold hand
877 posts

Posted:
[For nightshade]------------------[]Dhuong-Vu Truong==== []Dhunky ====

firestormmember
28 posts

Posted:
Here's a toughy. (at least I think so) start by simply swinging poi in a forward motion to either side. Now as the poi are moving up behind you, release each one by flicking the handles down. This (if done correctly) will cause the poi to slow or stop in mid air and the handles will spin around them virtically. While this is happening, spin your body around and catch the handles. If done right they will still be goin in a foward spin (relative to you) and you will have effectivally switched them in mid air. It helps at first if you sorta look over your shoulder till you get proficient at releasing your poi in the right place.

^_-

firestormmember
28 posts

Posted:
hmmmm. has anyone tried juggling poi?

^_-

Mushinkatomember
164 posts

Posted:
Juggling poi... check out some of Bassmans stuff on the COL2 video.. well worth watching if you can. He's got a ball at both ends of his.I've tried something that doesnt really envolve juggly throwy-upintheair kind of stuff; more like.. fling it at a nearby wall and let it bounce back and do a fancy catch kind of thing. It works about one in five times at the moment for me. I think you have to get the angle of the bounce *just* right for it to work though. Theres gotta be any number of ways to do the throw (and catch) but I recon with a few years of solid practice you could pull off something pretty gosh darn cool..?? smile------------------Kato

Kato

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
Firestorm, if you do a search on Throwing Poiz in the Air, you should find something, as I think that was the name of the original thread!------------------Pele Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir...https://www.pyromorph.com

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

firestormmember
28 posts

Posted:
I can't find it pele. : ( not big deal though. its the only nifty throw i know so far.

^_-