GaBBeRave19member
72 posts

Posted:
for glowsticks i think fire would be too heavy. spin a butterfly as slow as you can and go doubletime with the right poi so its two revolutions with right and one left. just try to get the second count right above the left poi string but not too close or ull handcuff yourself.the real trick is getting it to look right

DmAlterEgo
128 posts

Posted:
I'm trying this out in my head... Are your hands still in the same positions (close together and on top of each other) to do this?I tend to do a butterfly and then speed one hand up and let the otherhand do big 'giant butterfly' circles that intersect with the stationary hand's poi. Effect looks good as you have one spinning really fast, and the other sailing gracefully through the air.Fire wicks aren't really 'too' heavy for anything (unless you have stupid size wicks!). I find the heavier poi easier to control than light little glow sticks!

We're nothing but the nerds they think we are

phunkyold hand
877 posts

Posted:
Robert Micheal does something similar in the "circles of light" vid. Just that he does a giant butterfly with one hand, the other goes in double time. I think he managed to triple time also, im not too sure, haven't wantched the vid in awhile.------------------[]Dhuong-Vu Truong==== []Dhunky ====

preambledmember
53 posts

Posted:
heaps of variations can be done with it too.like ... when spinning a normal weave forward, make one arm do a large circle and the other do two small ones.

phunkyold hand
877 posts

Posted:
heh, you're such a lurker :P------------------[]Dhuong-Vu Truong==== []Dhunky ====

DmAlterEgo
128 posts

Posted:
You can do various beats with the fast one, as long as when you bring the other back you slightly slow the fast one, and speed up the slow one.And btb weaves are crying out for large sweeps out in front. (when the right poi crosses back to the rhs there's nothing to stop it swinging out in front)Basically this proves that Poi possibilities are endless!

We're nothing but the nerds they think we are

Shouden-CrDSILVER Member
Veteran Member
495 posts

Posted:
Gabe...Isn't that a Tread the Needle?CRD

-=ÇrazyRaverÐude=-

GaBBeRave19member
72 posts

Posted:
*sigh* its a butterfly with one going twice as fast you dont thread your hands