• All Purchases made this month instantly go into the draw to win a USD $ 100.00 credit to your HoP account.

LUCIAN POIER

Total posts: 12
Posted:I AM NEW AT POI. I HAVE ONLY BEEN SPINNING FOR THREE WEEKS AND I LEARN VERY FAST.CAN SOMEONE TELL ME THE BEST VIDEO A BEGINNER CAN US TO LEARN MORE?

It's a burning faya

Delete Topic

TheBovrilMonkey
SILVER Member since Sep 2001

TheBovrilMonkey

Liquid Cow

Total posts: 2629
Posted:I've not been spinning for very long and I found the circles of light video really good for inspiration and to give me something to aim for. I've seen the others so I can't compare them.Oh, and people on this site don't seem to take to keenly to people who post in uppercase. I just thought I'd warn you before someone bites your head off
Non-Https Image Link
.------------------King of all things Walrus

But there's no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

Delete

xLessThanJakex

Total posts: 155
Posted:Hey the first video I picked up from here was The Art of Poi, it's really good and that's where I got a lot of my moves.Circles of Light is also a good one.F_S------------------Where there is sorrow I seek the Flame - Rumi

Where there is sorrow I seek the Flame - Rumi

Delete

Auger282

Total posts: 81
Posted:***
EDITED_BY: Auger282 (1429498883)

Delete

Shouden-CrD
SILVER Member since Apr 2001

Veteran Member

Total posts: 495
Posted:Hello fellow Floridian! :PYou should try getting together with some of us at Pier 60 and watch other spinners. IMHO WATCHING someone do something first hand is the best way to learn new things. :P------------------ [PLUR]-=Crazy Raver Dude=-

-=razyRaverude=-

Delete

bubblez

Total posts: 24
Posted:simon...this b tommy , u looked like u were doin just fine the way ur learning now, u tore up aftermath br0 , n i think crazy raver dude is right...up close is better then a vidio, u cant ask a vidio questions ;]------------------ITS NOT WHAT U KNOW, ITS WHAT U CAN PROVE......

ITS NOT WHAT U KNOW, ITS WHAT U CAN PROVE......

Delete

Bendy

Total posts: 750
Posted:TAKE THAT, AUGER282!!YEAH!AND THAT, AND THAT!!*maniacal laughter at Auger282's weakened state*

Courage is the man who can stop after only one peanut

Delete

HappySticker

Total posts: 42
Posted:unless you are JUST STARTING to learn then i would no suggest the Art Of Poi video as it is very very basic. I bought the video as something to continue my learning after i finished all the moves in poi-lessons on this site a while back and it doesnt thave anything that isnt on here, in fact less.

If you had a friend that was a tightrope walker, and you were walking down the street and he just fell over......that would be unacceptable.

Delete