Kosmik Lunatikmember
58 posts

Posted:
Hey, Im lost when it comes to the "TNN" what is it.Thanx MuchMatty

flash fireBRONZE Member
Sporadically Prodigal
2,758 posts

Posted:
dunno about TNN, but TTN is Thread The Needle (I think!)

HoP Posting Guidelines
Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?
If you can answer YES to these 4 questions then you may post a reply.

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
It's one of these accronyms that poiers invented to makes us staffers think they know what each other is on about...------------------C@ntus

Meh

pozeeBRONZE Member
old hand
887 posts

Posted:
damn poi people, oh wait, i am dually biased. sorry.

anyone got a light?

audaxBRONZE Member
freelance bum
286 posts

Posted:
I've had a go at this TTN thing and I'm a bit stuck over what the attraction is. I think I have it, it looks like the animation in poi lessons, but I'm just not interseted in doing it for some reason. It feels like I'm spoiling a good oppurtunity for a fantasic butterfly combination.Am I missing out on something here or what? confused------------------Your parents were wrongFire is good Play with fire

UYI wink OLDSKOOL

Janglamember
155 posts

Posted:
Must say, Audax, I was feeling the same 'till I checked out these vids; https://siteswap.org/poi/The
3 pt TTN would look way smart with fire ('specially to the trained eye!)------------------We are all of us in the gutter but some of us are looking up at the stars."

---------------------With a bit of luck, his life was ruined; always thinking that just behind some narrow door, in his favourite bars, men in red woolen suits are getting incredible kicks from things he'll never know.

CassandraFroggie ... Ribbit !!!
4,224 posts

Posted:
I agree that this video is real inspiring(allthough Bassman, you should really tidy your room wink )I also like it when you do a butterfly that looks like a helicopter and then TTN to the sky, especially whe laying down and or leaning backwards (pardon my english ... now I remember why I don't post so often in the "moves" section... too technical for me !!!)Shine onCassandra

"I want brown bread... no, that is diesel oil..."
"So I was raised in Europe, where History comes from ..."
"NON !!! La Plume de mon oncle n est pas Bingibangibungi !!!"

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
I actually think TTN is more interesting to look at that the butterfly, allows as many variations, and feels nicer to do. Buttefly to me is a but static (I know it doesnt *have* to be but doing a beat of a butterfly is inherently less dynamic than doing a beat of a TTN)..so why wouldnt you take the opportunity?Josh

phunkyold hand
877 posts

Posted:
well, if done smoothly enough there shouldn't be any difference between the butterfly and thread the needle. So thread the needle all the way baby. People always ask whats the point of the thread the needle, well whats the point of a 5-beat weave. Or even, whats the point of a weave when you can do a figure 8. Same difference.------------------[]Dhuong-Vu Truong==== []Dhunky ====

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
and TTN is much more interesting visually from the side than butterfly. Have a look in the mirror trying both and tell me I'm wrong smileJosh

phunkyold hand
877 posts

Posted:
ug, didn't even think about that. I have it engrained in my head not to show anything from the butterfly series from the side. But yes, the thread the needle is one of the moves from that series that i'd do from show from the side from time to time.------------------[]Dhuong-Vu Truong==== []Dhunky ====