Forums > Beginner Poi Moves > TTN with 1 hand under the leg

Login/Join to Participate

LPHmember
20 posts

Posted:
hey all , probably some of you have caught it quite awhile ago ,but yesterday i was playing and i came up with TTN when 1 hand is under the leg .started with aregular TTN ,then the right hand went behind the back and through the right leg to the front again,and then continued TTN with 1 hand under the leg .from that postion you can also turn 180 ,to do reverse TTN with 1 hand UTL.it's my first post here ,hope it was clear enough .enjoy winkadios

Tarzanmember
9 posts

Posted:
I'm a little confused as to when u actually put the right hand under the leg, as i imagine it... I would be a lot easier if done while doing the reverse TTN. then when the right hand goes to the outside u can slip it under. sound right?I'll try it and get back to u.Cool idea.Tarzan

This leads to bedwetting?
sheets well spent.

phunkyold hand
877 posts

Posted:
Hey thats a wicked move. smileFinally some new ideas!------------------[]Dhuong-Vu Truong==== []Dhunky ====

Shouden-CrDSILVER Member
Veteran Member
495 posts

Posted:
Could you try and reword your description? I'm having trouble understand it as well. The way I imagine it..if you start off doign a TTN in front of you, and you move your right hand between your legs, then the right poi would be doing a Reverse TTN and the left would be doing a Forward TTN. *confused*CRD

-=ÇrazyRaverÐude=-

phunkyold hand
877 posts

Posted:
Ok, you're doing a thread the needle. Bring your right hand behind you. So one hand is spinning forward the other in reverse. The right hand (the one spinning in reverse) goes between the right leg from behind and merges to make a thread the needle in front again. You don't have to do a thread the needle, you can just join it up for a butterfly. If you want to be more fancy (that being me smile ) i was fooling around with this and when you merge it back infront you can bring your right hand back behind you and bring your left hand through your right leg so you do a reverse thread the needle behind you.------------------[]Dhuong-Vu Truong==== []Dhunky ====[This message has been edited by phunky (edited 19 October 2001).]

LPHmember
20 posts

Posted:
couldn't have said better myself, phunky smile.sorry for the sketchy details ,but still .and the TTN behind you ,way cool! next move ..turn full circle with TTN BTB with 1 hand UTL(yeah yeah ,i know ,2 many shortcuts ,tell it to the CDC ,CIA ,and MIB wink)

phunkyold hand
877 posts

Posted:
heh, i was doing that move yesterday. The fact that i look like a complete moron jumping up and down to pivot on one leg. Did you know you can use the same principle with the weave. I was turning the 5-beat under my leg while pivoting on one foot. Though a very cool move i think hopping up and down a one foot makes you look unbalanced and not too pleasing to the spectator.------------------[]Dhuong-Vu Truong==== []Dhunky ====

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
You can definitely do BTL weave turns without hopping (3-beat, I cant do 5 BTL) ...I do it by relying on momentum generated by using a cresent kick style leg raise...that way you can just spin on the supporting leg without having to hop to generate the spin. Looks *much* better than hopping. you can also do more interesting stuff with the wind down of the kick than you can if you just 'hang' your leg over.HTH,Josh

phunkyold hand
877 posts

Posted:
[For nightshade]------------------[]Dhuong-Vu Truong==== []Dhunky ====