Forums > Beginner Poi Moves > Definitive Listing of Wraps (56+ wraps listed)

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
Shouden-CrDSILVER Member
Veteran Member
495 posts

Posted:
56 wraps!I have attempted to compile everyone's wrap postings into a comprehensive document. this is by far the largest listing I have seen. If anyone has any to add, please post! (:Butterfly wraps:1) Double Leg Wrap - on the downswing of the BF stick a leg straight out and wrap both poi, then pull up on poi to unwrap. now into the rev bf.2) Wrist/Leg Wrap - on the downswing of the bf, wrap right poi on left wrist, and left poi on right leg, into the rev bf.3) Wrist->Wrist/Leg Wrap - on the downswing wrap the right poi on the left wrist, when it recoils, wrap that poi on the right leg and at the same time wrap the left poi on the right arm, that will put you into a weave by turning 90degrees to the left.4) Double Bicept Wrap - On the upswing of the poi, without moving your upper arm, bring both forearms back to wrap both poi on the biceps at the same time, then that will put you into a rev bf.(pretend you are fishing, and you are pulling back and forth on the fishing pole making th lure kind of surface and dive and that is the movement.)5) Hip Wrap - stand with your feet in a straight line(like you are walking a tightrop, with feet about a foot apart) now on the up swing you are going to do the motion of throwing the right poi to the opposite side(you will end up looking like you are just spinning 2 circles on opposite sides of the body going opposite directions) but instead of letting it go to the other side you will wrap the right poi on the right leg from the outside of the hip and the left poi on the left leg from the inside of the hip. then bring the left poi to the right side and you are again doing the normal BF.6) Double Circular Tricept Wraps - Start by doing a betterfly in front of you, wrap right poi on left tricept. Meanwhile left poi does circle in front while right poi unwraps. Immediately wrap left poi on right arm sticks out and does a circle in front while the left unwraps. Continue to repeat. It looks like two circles with spirals inside of them.7) Alternating Double Circular Tricept Wrap – alternate (one wrap at a time) between a forward and reverse butterfly but without any extra rotations in between in the horizontal plane.8) BTB Shin Wrap - BTB buttterfly (coming in from the bottom direction) wrap the shin by sticking your lower leg out behind you, but keep your upper leg straight (bend your knee) on the downstroke. 9) BTB right arm/leg Wrap - on the upswing move your right arm to your right, like you are going to do a revolution behind the back, and when it comes to the top of its arc, wrap it on the right bicep, and at the same time bring the left poi to the right side as well and wrap on the downswing on the right ankle(kind of bring your leg up like you are trying to kick yourself in the butt, except not quite that high) that will take you into the rev butterfly. from the rev BF you can do the same thing on the left side to go back into the reg BF10) Combo - right poi left arm wrap, right poi BTB left arm wrap, right poileft leg wrap, right poi right leg wrap and left poi right arm wrap, to both poi double right arm wrap to both poi both leg wraps to the weave.One-handed butterfly wraps (assuming that you are right handed)1)on the up swing you stick your left arm straight out and wrap the poi around your arm, you can do this forever if you get it right, make sure that your right fist is pointing at the cieling when they wrap, this will give them room to move freely without touching. actually this works for every wrap, as long as you wrist is pointed at the point of the wrap.2)on the down swing wrap them both on the leg3)in between the up and down swing if you change your wrist movement from up and down to side to side real quick you can do a split time leg wrap on the left leg is easier.4) stick your left arm straight out behind you, and on the downswing of the poi bring them over your head to wrap on the left arm.5)on the up swing wrap the poi on the neck.6)at the height of the arc, bring your arm back like you are trying to touch your cheek and let them wrap on the downswing on the very same arm that you are holding them in.7)same as #1 except that you bring your arm in like you are going to punch yourself in the kidney and wrap it from underneath. 8)on the downswing stick it between the legs so the poi comes up at your back and stick out your left arm and wrap the poi on the upswing on that arm, and then when they get to the bottom of the arc bring them back in front of you.9)left arm wrap, right leg wrap, neck wrap, same arm (right)wrap on top, behind the head left arm wrap, same arm wrap from underneath, split time left leg wrapWindmill wraps:1)instead of bringing your right hand over your head again, wrap it on the left arm and that puts you into the rev BF.2)instead of throwing the right hand behind the head, bring both poi to swing at the same time and wrap on the right leg inside of the thigh, that will put you into rev windmill or you can turn either direction to do a weave.3)bring both poi to a same time swing again and wrap the right poi on the right arm and the left poi on the right leg.4)again bring the poi to a same time swing in front and wrap them both on the neck(wrapping from the right side of the head to the left.) Corkscrew wraps:1)when they get down by the leg either wrap them on one leg or one on each leg.2)when the right poi comes up, wrap that one around the neck and the left one either around the leg or do not wrap at all to go to a BF3)bring one down and wrap the lower leg (raise one leg as if to do your laces up on a chair or something) to switch to a mexi-wave. do the same thing from a mexi wave with the other poi and you got a cork screw reversal Weaves1)when your right poi gets to the right side it will wrap on the top of the left arm, do it twice once from above the arm and once from below and you will go back to the weave.2)when the right poi gets to the right side swing the left and right poi in sync and wrap both under the right arm at the same time.3)when right hand comes over to the right side, wrap under the left arm and the left poi will go to the left side and wrap under the left arm.4)doing the crossover, leave your arms crossed and keep spinning them on your sides, bring your right poi over to wrap on your left wrist and after that, just stick your right arm into the circle of the left arm and it will do a bicept wrap.5)when the right poi comes to the right side, wrap that one around your neck and bring the left poi to the left side at the same time and wrap that one around your left leg at the same time. that takes you into the rev weave. 6)7-beat weave wrap. Just keep trying to do the 7-beat and you'll wrap it around your hand the first couple attempts see if you can bring your arm up further when it does that to wrap around your bicept as you turn out of it.BTB weave wraps (assuming that you always go into it from the rev)1)when the right hand does its second revolution and the left hand comes over to the left side, you can wrap the right poi on the left arm from underneath by the armpit. do it twice and you go into the BTB weave again.2)same as #1, except when you do the first wrap on the left arm, your left poi will wrap at the same time on the left leg, into the other weave.(the one that starts from the regular forward weave.)TTN wraps1) Bicept Wrap -wrap on bicept during the inside beat. 2) Single chain wraps - Hold one chain in a normal circle in front of you and bounce the other one around. (forearm outside ankle inside thigh. whatever you can think of. Make sure you learn how to hold the circle with both arms. )3) TTN wrap on your wrists - You gotta move your arms up and kinda catch the chains around them. Each chain only does one circle before wrapping again. Be careful with this one. When I first did it with fire I tranced out watching it and kept doing it way to many times. Ended up getting my first 3rd degree burn. It also converts well into waist and ankle wraps while in the horse stance. This move is prolly the most creative everytime I do it, it always has a different pattern. Wrap Turns1)While spinning forwards, wrap both poi on your upper arms, and as soon as they start to come up behind your back, rapidly twist at the waist, and let em unwind on the opposite side (and in the same direction). The poi head should never come into contact with your skin. The poi rotational velocity will *rapidly* increase, as they wrap, so you gotta go quick, or use LONG chains.Kick wrapsA. Front Kicks1)kick out and wrap(recoil) while doing a wind mill to reverse direction of wind mill2)kick out and wrap both on one leg (recoil) alternating legs randomlyB. Side Kicks3)from weave kick out with right leg and wrap both poi on this leg, one at knee and one on thigh.4)regular forward swing, kick out and wrap (recoil) both poi on one legC.Other Kick Wraps5)ever seen jumping jacks? spread your legs out fast while doing forward swing, wap right poi on right leg and left poi on leg leg at same time, then wrap from reverse spin, etc. (recoil)6)from a reverse butterfly raise lower leg behind you and wrap behind you on calf muscle to go into a forward butterfly. Arm wraps1) froward swing, wrap (recoil) off of opposite arm with poi immediately followed by a wrap (recoil) on the same arm with the other poi, then do same on opposite side of body. This is really cool looking from the side.2) during any butter fly or weave, wrap (recoil) on just one arm(or leg) at a time to move in between various butterflies and weavesduring weave (or whatever) wrap both on one arm, you can turn you body 180 during this to so as to keep doing the same weave.3) overhead (horizontal plane) butterfly- start doing a thread-the-needle. wrap (recoil) one of the poi on your arm and spin body 180 and wrap the same poi again an same arm to go back into the same butterfly, except your body will be facing 180 from start.4) arm wraps (recoils) from a forward swing wrap poi on upper arm (both on one arm or both on different arms) or just one at a time.5)when doing simple fwd side circles, cross your right poi on the downswing, and wrap the left bicep, turn left 90 degs into butterfly. 6)when doing simple side circles, as the right poi passes your leg cross BTB to wrap the left bicep. I guess you could pretty easily go into a BTB butterfly from there...hmm have to try that Various1)while doing alternating sider circles, go BTL with one of em and then up and wrap a bicep, on the reversal just take it out the way it went in, or move your leg around to get jiggy wid it 2)of course, dont forget the horse stance (traditional martial arts - wide stance, with bent knees square shoulders and hips) wraps, fwd rvs, and alternating is the best I think. you can either wrap the poi on the same side as the hand they are hanging from, or you can wrap the both on the same leg...the latter is harder, but I think more effective. You can also do it fwd lunge, wrap both, swap legs wrap both (from butterfly).3)Double inside thigh wraps - Throw em under your leg and do some manuvering to have them stay back there and wrap on the opposite leg before pulling them back out.Glowstick Meteor Slides/WrapsThese all keep the poi spinning the same direction, and if done fluidly the audience will not even be able to tell what you are doing...heh heh heh all they know is you poi keep changing color! They take lots of practice to perfect.1. from regular forward spin -upper leg wrap (upper leg) [you can do both at once, or even do it when you jump up high and bring your knees up and out] 2. From regular reverse spin -opposite arm wrap (upper arm) 3. from forward butterfly -wrap on fore arm. 4. Neck wrap from a overhead butterfly- (watch out for your eyes!) ------------------ [PLUR]-=Crazy Raver Dude=-

-=ÇrazyRaverÐude=-

carnelian angelmember
31 posts

Posted:
I know I'm not the only one who does intentional lit neck wraps i'll usu. go into it from a corkscrew, split my hands and have both wicks spinning under them, wrap right wick around neck, have both under hand again, then to overhead butterfly....list of combos? I don't understand why...i used to dance alot and concentrated on the technical aspects of the dance, muscle control, fluidity, etc...then i learned to let the spirit of the music move me, and not to move myself to it, and it felt so great, so freeing...it's like that with my chains now, i just let them move me around, and i no longer think of which transition will i do next, it just happens

Shouden-CrDSILVER Member
Veteran Member
495 posts

Posted:
Well I think any of us would be hard pressed to come up with truley "new" wraps....It's just definitive, because there was no other listing.

-=ÇrazyRaverÐude=-

phunkyold hand
877 posts

Posted:
lol, i'll keep my mouth shut then

Shouden-CrDSILVER Member
Veteran Member
495 posts

Posted:
no no.. (= Please go ahead..enlighten the mundane (= (I would like some enlightening..hehehe)

[ 07 May 2002, 20:57: Message edited by: CrazyRaverDude ]

-=ÇrazyRaverÐude=-

phunkyold hand
877 posts

Posted:
Well, half of those wraps listed could easily be thrown through the legs before the original wrap. A bunch can be thrown through the legs btb. Not to mention the numerous wrap releases to wraps. I mean there's so much more. Wraps are as creative as you make them to be.

pozeeBRONZE Member
old hand
887 posts

Posted:
and thats why i love em. i thought you did not like wraps phunky?

anyone got a light?

phunkyold hand
877 posts

Posted:
I still don't lol

It doesn't mean i won't take the time to understand them though.

master sodiummember
536 posts

Posted:
ok, I haven't read the whole thread, so forgive me if this one is on here.

start with a corkscrew. right hand leading on the down swing. lift your left leg up and swing right poi under to wrap the right leg. bring left leg down and wrap with left poi. after right poi unwraps wrap on left leg. at the same time the left poi should be unwrapping, wrap this on right leg. lift right leg to pull out right poi and unwrap left poi to continue the weave in the same direction. please note:each consecutive wrap must be done in split timing, I.E. right, left, right, left

you can't have a war against terrorism because war IS terrorism.it's not about worshipping fire. its about making the fire want to worship you.

PeDeymember
189 posts

Posted:
*BUMP*

ask yourself this??.......... When was the last time you dug a hole you could be proud of???
answers on a post card

DocLiquidmember
97 posts

Posted:
How can anyone not like wraps(especially with glowstix)? That's when colorchanging wraps come in to play(and of course tosses that change the color as well)!

If anyone has colorchanges that they do let's hear them, I've posted many on the Signature Move's thread and I'm sure there are many more out there. Let's hear it.

Let us Light up the Night

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
How can anyone not like wraps? Well.... I'm not going to talk too much trash because I really do love wraps but I must say they must be done well and logicall to impress me. I've seen far too many glowstickers with REALLY short strings (so it's impossible to tangle) doing "wraps" all over the place and thinking they're ninjas. I do think flow and poi moves with wraps thrown in is far more elegant than some guy banging glowsticks on 6" strings all over his body.

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

master sodiummember
536 posts

Posted:
I can most definitely see why people wouldn't like wraps. they can throw off your beat, remove skin, burn skin, light clothes on fire, or completely stop what you're doing. but they look sick when done well.

you can't have a war against terrorism because war IS terrorism.it's not about worshipping fire. its about making the fire want to worship you.

Shouden-CrDSILVER Member
Veteran Member
495 posts

Posted:
I dont think we're talking ninja-style wraps here.. hehe

How bout...(simple & sweet for 5:30am)
stick your right foot out and wrap both poi around leg and grab other sides...

plurr
ÇrÐ

-=ÇrazyRaverÐude=-

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
Talkin' glowsticks at 5:30 AM? You are sure one crazy raver dude.

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

lightbugmember
321 posts

Posted:
i love wraps.. if you are doing a foward weave or windmill on the down swing on your right hand wrap the right poi around your left arm, before its done wrapping lower your left arm and lift your left leg a little then wrap the left poi around your left leg they should both be wrapping at close to the same time the right poi just little bit ahead.. pull them both out and spin the left poi in a regular circle in front of your face when you pull the right poi off your arm lift your right leg up behind your back pull the right poi behind your back and wrap your right leg on the same swing... pull it off your rigt leg and go right into a foward weave you bad ass.

[ 24 May 2002, 06:49: Message edited by: lightbug ]

drugs.. rock and roll. bad ass.. vegas hoes.. late night. booty calls.. shiny disco balls!!

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
Hold up... I get the first two wraps.. but the third would change direction once again. If I'm in a forward weave and wrap each poi once, I'm in a reverse weave. Now I wrap again? Don't make no kinda sense to me? Thanks!

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

lightbugmember
321 posts

Posted:
its hard to explain without pics but the right poi will come off your arm and it will be moving like a butterfly once it swings past your right leg turn your hand upside down like your doing behind the back butterfly its hard to get it to go directly behind you so you do have to have your right leg angled slightly out and you dont go into a back weave after the second wrap the left poi spins in a circle in fron of you while the right poi doea the third wrap

[ 24 May 2002, 06:58: Message edited by: lightbug ]

drugs.. rock and roll. bad ass.. vegas hoes.. late night. booty calls.. shiny disco balls!!

nasumember
35 posts

Posted:
Circle -> Crotch Wrap -> Reverse Circle..

Do them one at a time, get them going different directions, careful not to be in the same plain, but really close.. makes a circle-fly, do them fast to just reverse it..

Reverse Circle -> Over the shoulder off the back, or if your quick off bi-ceps -> Circle to go back again..

also
https://www.narcissedesigns.com/NarcisseDesignsMENS_html.htm
click tekken guy, these things are AWESOME protection gear, made of leather.. A little costly but you don't get burned.. also He makes them special for you, as i requested, no shoulder pads.. and they attach in the back.
Really cool guy over all..

master sodiummember
536 posts

Posted:
*bumpdabump*

Whiffle Squeekaddict
416 posts

Posted:
hummm, during forward weave, wrap one poi on opposite bicep, and when the unwraps, switch it to its original side and wrap there at the sime time you wrap the other poi on its bicep, and you have alteranting bicep wraps very smoothly...

Educate your self in the Hazards of Fire Breathing STAY SAFE!

Shouden-CrDSILVER Member
Veteran Member
495 posts

Posted:
Finally got the BTB TTN...now for the BTB one-handed btfly...

plurr
ÇrÐ

-=ÇrazyRaverÐude=-

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
... which clearly you posted on THIS thread just to pad your own thread.

I haven't tried a new move for a dang long time... but heck, that's what summer's for.

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

phunkyold hand
877 posts

Posted:
quote:
Originally posted by CrazyRaverDude:
Finally got the BTB TTN...now for the BTB one-handed btfly...

plurr
ÇrÐ

Here's a cheap way to do a btb one handed butterfly. Start off with a regular one handed butterfly and just turn your body around while keeping your hand where it is. You can do a wrist turn to "officially" have it btb. Funny how perception changes what a move is.

BerzerkerBoimember
8 posts

Posted:
dude im like so pro at wraps.....i can do basically all my tricks into wraps.....chasing the sun to btb wrist wrap, reverse weave to bak leg wrap then kick it bak to another arm wrap.....
wrapping is child's play BALDERDASH. on wrap i made up(or i think i did o.0) i do the 5 beat weave and when im turning a 360 i jump over it and wrap one of the strings on my leg in the air and when it unwraps i continue the weave...
lez see u write that on ur topic o.0

at least ur a poi'er

glowshowmember
406 posts

Posted:
RaVeRxSuRgE...reincarnated???

NYC, nice referrence to our departed friend: the short string, high strung, glow-ninja.

Just wondering, I looked back for his original post that pissed off so many people, and saw he had mentioned a lot of wraps that have otherwise not even been considered here. I was also amused to find that I do pretty much most of what he was getting all "holier-than-thou" over. Even though I cherish the fact that I am one of the few people I have ever seen to pull off most of these wraps, (and the only one to do all of them smoothly...hey, I lead a sheltered life! ) I believe the world is a better place when you share knowledge. And they look hella cool! These are all symmetrical wraps, so they can all be pulled off without interupting the "flow," so to speak. Even the most hardcore jaded anti-wrap spinners out there can appreciate these if they are done smoothly. So...here goes.

"Lollipop" or "Typhoon" double-hand wraps. The way I learned this was standing in front of a mirror. You almost need straps to pull this off. The strings have to be originating from as close to the web of your fingers as possible to make it run smoothly, or else the string/chain (Yes, I do all of these with fire) will skip over fingers and screw itself up. Hold both arms out at a comfortable height with palms up and flat (fingers out) Slowly sway them in same time back and forth, but not so far that they go over the top, or loose momentum and fall. When you get comfortable with keeping them in the same plane together, give them a little bit more of a swing and snap your wrists. If they are going counter-clockwise, your left hand will remain palm up, and your right hand will face palm down directly over the top of your left. The effect is having the poi enter into circles of decending size in the same plane until they can't go any further and stop. Kind of like a whirlpool or one of those big giant lollipops you see at the candy store and want really bad, but you know you can't eat it all, (hence the name.) When they reach the end, pull your hands apart, and it will start the circles going the other way. Now, you reverse the positions of your hands...left facing down, right facing up. I found it helps to keep your palms slightly apart by about an inch or two to aid in pulling them back apart. You will feel it when you get it right, and then it will just click and you can repeat, ad nauseum. Once you get it down, this wrap can be pulled from any windmill or weave, at any position you like: behind the head, BTB, BTL, overhead, pointed down at the ground, or on the side. You can even weave it from side to side and cork"screw" it from top to bottom. If you do it over head, hold your arms up like you were making the "A" from the "YMCA" song, and slow down slightly before they wrap, they will snake down on opposite arms. Very much a crowd pleaser!

Butterfly double-hand wrap: Pretty much have to have the same type string position for this one, too. If you make a fist, and point it straight out, it helps to have the string coming from between the fingers as close to the back of your hand as possible. OK, do a (rev.)butterfly. Once you have it going as close to flat as possible, just poke all of your fingers out on the downswing or upswing (depending on the length of your strings/chains) and let them wrap. You have to keep a distance between your hands on this one, too, and make sure your palms are facing inwards. Time it out so when that right before the poi stop, you are starting to pull back out. You can do this one in any position that I described before. A little variation of this is to start from a forward B-fly, do the double-hand wrap, and when it comes out reverse, move your hands out a little ways, wrap the strings/chains around their respective hands until they stop and unwrap them back into a B-fly.

"Yin-Yang" Windmill Wrap: Start from a windmill. Normally when your arms come to the front, your strings are aimed outward to spin them in front of you. Well, once they make the rotation, instead of pulling them back behind your head, just pull your wrists back so they cross slightly and point towards your chest. Wrap the right poi over the left bicep from above, and the left poi under your right bicep from below. Recoil it and you go into a rev. windmill, or you can keep it going and it looks like a Yin-Yang. (Note, if you were to look at this from above, the strings/chains make a squashed "X") You can also do the same thing behind your head, or from a corkscrew, over your head or facing down to the ground. Interesting trick that I have never even heard mentioned: if you shorten up your strings enough and don't wrap at all, you can do and entire windmill in front of your body by pulling the backswing between your arms instead of behind your head. You can do it behind your head as well, but you have to be very flexible, or else you will clock yourself. One more thing that is woth noting that I haven't seen or heard of. Do a windmill rather fast, and when you bring it to the front, give it one extra hard snap to get a lot of momentum, but instead of keeping through with the traditional windmill motion, stop your hands and let the windmill spin in place. (A so called "Infinite Beat" or "Tangle Method" movement). When they start to slow down, do the wrap, recoil hard, and spin it back out until it is untangled. Word!

Alternating Bicep Wraps: Start with one poi spinning forwards and one spinning backwards, same-time, at your sides. (From a split B-fly or by wrapping one poi from a weave or whatever) At the same time, wrap the poi spinning forward under that arm's bicep, and the one spinnig rev. over that arm's bicep. When they recoil, keep them on the same sides, but wrap the opposite way. You can repat this of you want, or you can start variating it. Here's some ideas: Instead of keeping them on the same side, cross both arms over and wrap on opposite biceps at the same time. Or you can just cross one over and wrap both on the same bicep from opposite directions, then cross both to the other side and do the same thing on the other bicep. You can throw an inside B-fly between the arms on the way over to the other side. You can also do all of this in split-timing as well. Pull out of this at any time into a butterfly. If you are doing it in split-time, and the poi are wrapping around the same arm, you can easily pull out into a 3-, 4-, or 5-point split-time B-fly. Maybe do that for a second and then start the wraps again to change up the direction. I am working on a variation right now of the same-bicep, split-time version of this wrap. If you are doing, let's say, just a 2-point, split-time B-fly, and keep your wrists tucked under your armpit when you go behind your back (Like a tight tuck-turn form) you can poke out your leg and wrap it around your calf. Plenty of ways to fool with this type of wrap.

I know it was mentioned, but it bears repeating. The "Rolley-Tango" alternating butterfly forecep wraps kick mad tail! There has already been a good explanation of this, so I won't go into un-necessary detail. But fool around with this one. If you can learn it behind the back, it demonstrates an amazing amount of control and mastery of skills that even non-spinners can appreciate. You can also get this wrap system going in front of you, and then throw it behind your head and continue wrapping. It works kind of like a moving TTN, but with wraps, so it helps to know forward and reverse TTN.

Now, here's a couple that work nicely as transitions.

From a rev. weave, swing both arms out a little bit and wrap your thighs from underneath and behind. That puts you into a B-fly. Reverse directions, weave positions, and body positions and apply however you like.

CRD mentioned the B-fly double bicep wrap. (#4) "Rising Sun," or if you repeat it, "Bouncing Sun." You can also do this wrap under your biceps by continuing to the downswing before you pull your wrists in. And you can alternate between the two. Looks sweet BTB, too, but kinda difficult. Oh, as mentioned before with the inside windmill, if you have short enough strings/chains, or if you pull your hands apart (in the same position as this wrap) far enough, you can turn a B-fly inside your arm (instead of behind your head), behind your forearms, and just barely miss the inside crook of your elbow. You can incorporate this into a string of these wraps to keep momentum going. Much easier to start this from a forward B-fly.

Overhead B-fly Body Wrap: From an overhead B-fly, just bring your arms down as if you were doing a corkscrew, but keep them close to your body and wrap around your chest. You can come out into a rev. overhead B-fly, or you can wrap again and go back to a regular one. Here's a variation I like to do, especially with fire. Rev. overhead B-fly...down to body wrap...back out and down to wrap right on right thigh from behind and left on left thigh from behind...then lean forward and finish with a regular B-fly horizontal to the ground, and only a few inches above the floor. You can reverse everything and come back up, or you can play around with all of the perception bending tricks that come from good horizontal B-flies.

This next one is more of a stall than a wrap, but you can't really hold it well, so I guess it's just a really slow wrap. From a corkscrew...on the downswing, bring your wrists down to your waist on the opposite side of the body and slow down. You can wrap them around your waist (a la Cassandra on COL2), or, my preference is to spread your feet out and wrap the right poi behind the left thigh and have it come out and rest for a second on the top of the leg and the left poi wrap around the front of the right thigh and rest behind your leg or extend your left hand around a little bit further than the right one and get the poi to peek out from behind the right leg.(remember, that arm is behind the back with the wrist almost touching the right hip) You can reverse it and do it again in the opposite direction, come out into a rev. corkscrew/windmill or any weave, or bring it back up high like you were going into a rev. corkscrew and do a Yin-Yang double bicep wrap or an overhead Lollipop double-hand wrap or keep it down low and do the same things. Oh, you don't necessarily have to move your wrists to the opposite hips for this wrap either. Then you get a similar effect to the Yin-Yang wrap, but it is on your legs.

I really hope this stirred up some imaginations. I would appreciate any feedback you guys have. Happy spinning!

[ 25 June 2002, 08:08: Message edited by: glowshow ]

FREE TIBET!!! (with the purchase of a 44 oz. drink)What do you want to be when you grow up?I want to be a kid again!I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.~~~J~~~

glowshowmember
406 posts

Posted:
I wonder if Ravexsurge is eating his previous words now that his favorite "pathetic" spinner just won the poi section of COL3!

Go Jeff!!! Can't wait to see your video. It's a shame I had to go and learn so many things after I sent my video in! Who's on for COL4?

FREE TIBET!!! (with the purchase of a 44 oz. drink)What do you want to be when you grow up?I want to be a kid again!I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.~~~J~~~

glowshowmember
406 posts

Posted:
I was spinning out at a club last night and realized that there might be a difference between what I described above as handcuff wraps and what handcuff wraps might actually be. Therefor, everything I had listed as handcuff has now been changed to "double hand wrap." I was messing around and found that if you modify your hand position on most of the wraps I described above, you can actually wrap the poi around your wrists instead of your hands and get them to where they are in a position that actual handcuffs would be.

Not that I would know what that was from extensive personal experience or anything...

YAY! creative thought process. This has made several times now that I have written something out to explain to you guys and have come up with a whole series of new moves from it. Thanks!

PeDeymember
189 posts

Posted:
just thought I'd bump this buety
for all the newbies

cheers
brashie

ask yourself this??.......... When was the last time you dug a hole you could be proud of???
answers on a post card

Jkaremember
19 posts

Posted:
Much appreciated, this is awesome. Now the list is printed out so I can practice at my whim.

thanx Brody

Jkare
It's Time

Salama mpira wa moto

markeesparkmember
62 posts

Posted:
sweet runner
you got some phat moves bro.Im fimilar with all of these wraps but i didnt really do any combos(arm2leg,leg2neck,neck2****).sounds cool.keep me posted on any new ones you find.
do you do grabs ie without hands,like left poi right elbow freeing up left hand?these are my new fun.you can also do elbow 2 elbow transfers(elbow2elbow throws).

Markeespark Sparkeemark & me

Page: