Forums > Beginner Poi Moves > Transitions and the butterfly

Login/Join to Participate

Agnimember
28 posts

Posted:
This is probably old news to most of you, but I just figured it today, and thought it just might be helpful to someone around here smileWhen you spin the poi at your sides, one going forward and the other backwards, you are actually doing half of each a butterfly and a reverse butterfly at either side of you body. Thus turning 90 degrees to either side will enter one of these moves, enabling smooth transitions from weave style moves to butterfly type moves without wrapping. Just thought you might like to know smile

Knagimember
397 posts

Posted:
I found that out the other day too smile Working on getting the BTB crossover BF with it. You can also snap from BF to Weave in one beat.------------------We are all in the cosmic movie. That means the day you die you watch your whole life repeating for eternity. So you'd better have some good things happen in there and have a fitting climax. --Jim MorrisonMost Memerable crowd saying "Hey look that dude's gonna set himself on fire again!"

We are all in the cosmic movie. That means the day you die you watch your whole life repeating for eternity. So you'd better have some good things happen in there and have a fitting climax. --Jim MorrisonIt's going to come from a direction you didn't predict at a moment of chaos which you didn't see coming. -- NYC

meltingBRONZE Member
journeyman
76 posts

Posted:
when i learnt how to do that i started making the poi go behind my head then behind my back then to the front
oh split timing
if its btb butterfly its easier

are you gonna drink that?