TranceKujamember
68 posts

Posted:
I dunno if this was already posted cuz i dunno what it's called (if it even has a name). It's when you swing your poi behind you and the two strings go under your legs, you let go with your hands, move your hands over to the front, and catch the end of the chain/string and keep going/exit. That's kinda confusing so if i can clarify that any more, tell me. I'm still trying to get this down, but everyone i know says it will look cool if i can do it right. Any tips from people here?------------------Live by honor. Kill by stealth. Only the unseen survive.~peace~

Live by honor. Kill by stealth. Only the unseen survive.~peace~

preambledmember
53 posts

Posted:
hello smilethere's so many variations of this it's hard to know where to begin...you can do it from a butterfly, or from twirling the poi parallel to your body..you can do it forwards, backwards, one poi, both poi..i find that with any throw, if the poi are swinging backward then as the poi is coming UP - you flick the string down, and it rotates around the poi, coming straight back into your hand..it's nice 'n easy with comet poi, but with fire it's a little hard to see my strings wink i should probably put something bright on the ends so i can see what i'm trying to catch.

Shouden-CrDSILVER Member
Veteran Member
495 posts

Posted:
Is that move for real? *gets very interested*So reverse spin, throw them between your legs from behind your back, when they hit you(or just before?), flick the poi handle down through my legs, and they will fling around to the other side for me to catch? Do you have to flick the strap hard?Anyone have a video of this being done???CRD

-=ÇrazyRaverÐude=-

preambledmember
53 posts

Posted:
with any luck there'll be footage of it on the next compilation video grinif i can remember i'll try to do it on my competition entry.... if i ever get round to filming it.. wink