Forums > Beginner Poi Moves > between the legs butterfly exit advice needed.

Login/Join to Participate

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
Hi guys,I'm wondering if anyone has any advice on the timing of BTL butterfly exit? I've got the entry reasonably ok (needs work) but I've only ever got the exit a couple of times, and it really seemed a bit more fluke than anything else...Josh

pozeeBRONZE Member
old hand
887 posts

Posted:
jump! well i just busted out my at work practice poi, and your right, it is kind of tough. i was also playing with the idea of of planting my right foot and turning 180 degrees to the right, didnt come out right just yet, i keep hitting myself and going into the weave, but you are again right, the wrap thing kind of keeps happening on accident. but i jumped and it kind of helped.

anyone got a light?

pozeeBRONZE Member
old hand
887 posts

Posted:
jumping, yeah i just tried it a few more times and a little hop, gets you used to the timing, and now thanks to josh i can do the butterfly back and forth and back and forth BTL pretty consistently. wait till they are both at the very bottom of their arc befor even thinking about pulling them out. hope that helps you as much as you helped me.

anyone got a light?

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
pozee, I should have known smileyou rock, I'm gonna go home tonight and try that on. I reckon the little jump thing will be a good training tool...do smaller and smaller jumps until you can do it without a jump smileJosh

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
Can someone pls explain a BTL butterfly ie are u talking about a horizontal or vertical(normal) butterfly...etc, etc

pozeeBRONZE Member
old hand
887 posts

Posted:
btl or between the legs, it is just like doing the regular butterfly except you have your arms inbetween your legs like you are sniffing your crotch, and the butterfly is behind your legs,

anyone got a light?

pozeeBRONZE Member
old hand
887 posts

Posted:
oh shit, how about one handed? okay josh now you got me thinking, one handed between the leg butterfly stick the left arm behind you and down and wrap the wrist, possibly then wrap the legs(accidentaly on purpose or something) back into the 1 handed BF in front. think it would work? only one way to find out, have to wait to get home though, the poi o have here do not let me do the one hand BF, too slippery.

anyone got a light?

phunkyold hand
877 posts

Posted:
one handed btl butterfly does work. Another one to try is going between the legs from a btb butterfly.------------------[]Dhuong-Vu Truong==== []Dhunky ====

phunkyold hand
877 posts

Posted:
one handed btl butterfly does work. Another one to try is going between the legs from a btb butterfly.------------------[]Dhuong-Vu Truong==== []Dhunky ====

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
mmm one handed btl bfly, with wraps on the other arm....mmmtell us when you get it smilemy one handed isnt good enough for that...Josh

pozeeBRONZE Member
old hand
887 posts

Posted:
got it. not to perfection, but pretty smooth. there is going to be so many variations that i can do with that one. it wraps pretty easily and comes out pretty good as well. i think the first variance will be behind the head arm wrap, in front leg wrap BTL arm wrap to front neck wrap. should be a good spectacle.

anyone got a light?

pozeeBRONZE Member
old hand
887 posts

Posted:
dude josh, i am going to try a 1hand between the leg neck wrap tonight. i wonder if i can bend like that. i will let you know if i can, or i will call you from the hospital to ask for an extra rib or two.

anyone got a light?

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
oh man, I'm ringing the hospital now, to book myself in for the transplant smilegood luck - is there anything you cant do with a pair of chains?All hail the mighty poz.Josh

Knagimember
397 posts

Posted:
get the btl bf going then roll forward and pull them to your sides and get back up.------------------We are all in the cosmic movie. That means the day you die you watch your whole life repeating for eternity. So you'd better have some good things happen in there and have a fitting climax. --Jim MorrisonMost Memerable crowd saying "Hey look that dude's gonna set himself on fire again!"

We are all in the cosmic movie. That means the day you die you watch your whole life repeating for eternity. So you'd better have some good things happen in there and have a fitting climax. --Jim MorrisonIt's going to come from a direction you didn't predict at a moment of chaos which you didn't see coming. -- NYC

emthrenmember
57 posts

Posted:
One for the "list of things I would like to do":One-handed btfly, goes btl, gets passed to the other hand, around the body, and repeat.