yashiromember
77 posts

Posted:
okay...what is this guy doing from 12 secs forward?the video is in the same page"Inside stage production using some fluorescent type poi...24sec in length."(https://64.87.7.217/displaympg.php?mpg=behind_back.mpg)Please Help!! I saw that the guy does the weave & turn but it isnt that!It looks like he's forming a big atom across his whole body... but how?? alternate BTB butterfly & turn???------------------[- y.a.s.h.i.r.o. -][This message has been edited by yashiro (edited 06 October 2001).]

yashiromember
77 posts

Posted:
Anyone can help me?Malcom perhaps??

phunkyold hand
877 posts

Posted:
There isnt a name for that move...i call it a shooting the moon.how to do it is, one hand do a forward low wave, with the other hand do a reverse low wave. Basically what it is, is a low windmill, or you can do it in single time also (low chasing the sun).------------------[]Dhuong-Vu Truong==== []Dhunky ====

yashiromember
77 posts

Posted:
ARe you really sure?... it looks that he has the windmills with his arms really spread apart, and besides... if you look carefully, he's doing 90deg body turns...

Endangered Sanitymember
164 posts

Posted:
It's a bit hard to tell because it's so dark, but I think you're on the right track with the butterfly and turn thing.However I dont think it's a btb butterfly, it looks more like a low wave kind of move.

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
From 12 seconds (guy in white t-shirt comes on) to about 20secs, its weave variations turning and small bursts of btb weave. From 20 secs til the end, its definitely turning a low wave. I do this move a LOT smileAlso - see Robert Michael on the Circles of Light video - he does a bunch of alternating stuff, and its much clearer.I just call it turning in low wave... good fun when you start encorporating it with turning in mexican wave smileI'm 99% sure about this analysis.Josh [This message has been edited by [Josh] (edited 06 October 2001).]

Endangered Sanitymember
164 posts

Posted:
Another good move that goes well with a turning low wave is where you do a figure 8, but one goes btb and the other in front.

phunkyold hand
877 posts

Posted:
well you can turn a windmill cant you?so you can turn that low windmill then.The guy is weaving, pulling the weave apart to the low windmill move, you can see one circle is infront of him and one behind him, it then goes nicely into a rev weave.------------------[]Dhuong-Vu Truong==== []Dhunky ====

phunkyold hand
877 posts

Posted:
when i mean low windmill i mean the movement for it... its more accurate if i said low split-time chasing the sun... but thats too long to write.------------------[]Dhuong-Vu Truong==== []Dhunky ====

yashiromember
77 posts

Posted:
Thanks for your help guys...but... I don't know what shoot the moon is...and if you talk about chase da sun.. in split time, then it isn't a windmill????

phunkyold hand
877 posts

Posted:
oh man...nevermind heh...ok one more time, the movement for that move is one hand... lets say your left hand doing a forward low wave, your right hand doing a reverse low wave. You can do it in split time or single time, you can also turn it. When you accomplish that move you'll soon realize that its just a low chasing the sun (or windmill since there practically the same move but the windmill is together). To clear things up even more, this move has no name, but it is a pivotal transition move. *I* call it a shoot the moon (opposite of chasing the sun, makes sense to me).------------------[]Dhuong-Vu Truong==== []Dhunky ====

yashiromember
77 posts

Posted:
Now... can you xplain the low wave....?? i did a search and i can't see any careful explanation... step by step.... =(

FrenzieBRONZE Member
515 posts

Posted:
Theres a description of low wave in the poi tutorials------------------ - Industrial design knows of no article more useful than the milk crate -https://wickeffect.cjb.net

- Industrial design knows of no article more useful than the milk crate -

yashiromember
77 posts

Posted:
Thanks guys, but. .... how do you do the turns/????