Endangered Sanitymember
164 posts

Posted:
Everyone knows how to do the cool fireball sart with staff, right? But we poiers are left without any fancy way to start. Something I've been working on lately is the fireball start for poi, it's not as big or impressive as for staff, but I still think it's a good way to start.It's pretty simple actually, all you do is after having lit the poi and not shaken them out, wrap the bottom few centimetres (or inches if you're so inclined) of chain around each other. Then, it's a simple matter of pulling the chains apart relly quickly. Then you get a nice little fireball in the middle.I've only tried this with kero, and it doesn't light all of the little droplets that are sprayed off. Maybe if you used something like coleman's fuel or something it would work better.

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
One thing which I saw some ppl do while I was in the states, was to light the non shaken off poi, and then spin the around at arms length so that they were touching the ground. With more flamable fuels, it creates a nice circle of fire to dance in briefly smileJosh

CassandraFroggie ... Ribbit !!!
4,224 posts

Posted:
Friend of mine dore a "path" or "highway of fire and it is gorgeous !!!!I'm not sure I understand what you mean ES, can you please explain ?shine onCassandra

"I want brown bread... no, that is diesel oil..."
"So I was raised in Europe, where History comes from ..."
"NON !!! La Plume de mon oncle n est pas Bingibangibungi !!!"

Blackbirdmember
337 posts

Posted:
What happens if you bounce the poi hard off the ground? I havent done a burn in weeks... frownHurt my shoulder doing judo...anyway, you know when you spin round poi like... with lassoos? so you get a sphere made out of a rotating arc? this looks... sort of cool... but not really... you can sort of do moves while doing this, looks kinda neat...ooo ooo ooo I know, if you could like join your poi together at the ends, you could do that thingy where you have a string with a whirly bit in the middle and when they're all wound up you pull on the ends and it spins round and goes wheeeeee... it would make the fireball right in your face, but who cares!?!you could like step on one end and do it or hold it above your head... it would work... er but not if you have a swivel joint...anyone understand that?

x X x ß £ Å Ĉ К ß î я Ð x X x

Blackbirdmember
337 posts

Posted:
how about you do what endangered sanity suggested... but while spinning round? grin then it would go outwards and look cooler

x X x ß £ Å Ĉ К ß î я Ð x X x

Endangered Sanitymember
164 posts

Posted:
Alright Cass, I'll try to explain further:Once your poi have been lit, you wrap the bottom few centimetres of your chains around each other. From there, you pull your arms apart, which makes the chains unwrap themselves pretty quickly. Because they unwrap so quickly, the extra fuel gets flung out, and it lights on fire. It makes a nice (if small) fireball.Blackbird: That sounds like a pretty good idea, it might make it a bit safer because the fire won't be right in your face.

gάrbǿaddict
521 posts
Location: Bristol / London / Norwich / Chennai, India (UK) (...

Posted:
Look on the vids section and there is a vid of me doing a starting and finishing move.peace outgarbo tongue------------------
quote:
"Be the change"Mahatma Ghandi
www.liquidfire.moonfruit.com

be excellent to each other: safe: