Forums > Beginner Poi Moves > Simple trick for beginer pyros

Login/Join to Participate

bhawkmember
48 posts

Posted:
For those of you that do fire transfers, and blowing/eating, this will probably be stupid, but for us beginer pyros its a easy way to show off at parties and what not.Anyways, you'll need one of those cheap lighters, not any kind of fancy one.make a fist with one hand, and hold it with the back of your hand facing towards your side. On the top of the fist make a little hole so you have like a cup in that hand, make sure there arent any gaps in between your fingers. With your other hand, take the lighter and hold the top (where the gas comes out) over the hole in ur other hand. WITHOUT lighting it, press the button to let the gass out and keep it pressed for 5-15 seconds. When your done, light the lighter near your hand (just sparks should do it), the gas in your hand will ignite. BE CAREFUL, the fire in your hand tends to be pretty hot, so do the next few steps quickly. Turn your fist sideways, so your palm is facing up, and extend your arm forward. Then quickly open your hand, and you will have a nice little explosion coming from your hand. (If youre worried about burning yourself, wet your hand a little before doing this). The explosion is pretty small, so it works better in dark enviorments.Nothing fancy, but like i said, nice little way to show off.

Maelstrommember
135 posts

Posted:
How old are you? tongue

Nothing good ever comes from hanging out with normal people.

Auger282member
81 posts

Posted:
EDITED_BY: Auger282 (1429499322)

pozeeBRONZE Member
old hand
887 posts

Posted:
that is how i tend to light my cigarettes. just slowly open my hand and the flame just extends upwards and gets bigger.

anyone got a light?

xaedamember
129 posts

Posted:
hahaha, don't mock the fireball trick maelstrom wink i once stayed up all night at a festival playing with that idea....used up most of a lighter, too ;-) I found that if you're careful, you can do variations like pouring a little gas into an empty drink can or something and then pouring the gas onto a flame......silly, but fun. then again that was the same night I had a serious discussion with somebody about which way the floor was sloping.....it's a lot of fun when you're around people who are stoned/tripping/otherwise impaired.......they often don't notice you putting the gas into your hand, and you just call their name and throw a little puff of fire in their direction.....hehehe maybe that's just my silly sense of humour but it can be kinda fun to fuck with your friends' heads ;-) (in a loving and caring way of course....ahem).xaeda

the memories fire, the rhythm falls slow....

xaedamember
129 posts

Posted:
oops. I certainly didn't mean to post that three times! sorry! lately when I post, my messages seem to take a day or so to appear, and some of them don't appear at all. now they're appearing in triplicate.....what the heck is going on? blush strange strange stuff.xaeda

CharlesBRONZE Member
Corporate Circus Arts Entertainer
3,989 posts

Posted:
All fixed now Xaeda, sometimes the system does that every now and then.PS You can delete the extra posts by going into the edit icon at the top of you post and then checking the "delete" box.Cheers------------------Charles (INFERNO)newdolbel@hotmail.comhttps://juggling.co.nz

HoP Posting Guidelines
* Is it the Truth?
* Is it Fair to all concerned?
* Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
* Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

JeStErSILVER Member
enthusiast
214 posts

Posted:
if you've got a friend around try cupping both hands together, put the lighter in the top and fill with gas for 10-15 secs, then put a spark/flame into the hole and and quickly bring your arms out sideways, if the gas has caught just before you spread your arms there will be a nice line of fire.just a variation. learnt it when i was younger, those were the dayz! when my pyro instinct got a hold smile

Trying to play the Akashic records,
but my turntables not compatible.

Janglamember
155 posts

Posted:
hee heeeee! I havent dont that in aaages! using the can's nice coz u get a funny little whooo sound!I used to do it in my mouth too! smile------------------"We are all of us in the gutter but some of us are looking up at the stars."

---------------------With a bit of luck, his life was ruined; always thinking that just behind some narrow door, in his favourite bars, men in red woolen suits are getting incredible kicks from things he'll never know.

Maelstrommember
135 posts

Posted:
Xaeda, I really wasn't trying to be mean. I used to play with that trick when I was 13 or so. I put the little face at the end of my post hopeing people wouldn't think I was being mean.------------------Nothing good ever comes from hanging out with "normal" people.

Nothing good ever comes from hanging out with normal people.

xaedamember
129 posts

Posted:
no sweat maelstrom...I put the little wink face by my comment to let ya know I was only kidding, too :-) x

audaxBRONZE Member
freelance bum
286 posts

Posted:
All farts are funny. Lighting them makes you a genius comedian.There really isn't anything interesting on the discussion groups today is there? It's all just silly. My favourite silly thread is "my best friends" in social discussion------------------Your parents were wrongFire is good Play with fire

UYI wink OLDSKOOL

sewage300newbie
2 posts

Posted:
another good one that i found as a bord kid is:

get a bottle, best to be big like a 2 ltr
fill with as much deodorent/hairspray/flamible areosol then light the top.at first you get a lil flame around the top. but give the bottle a lil squeeze and you get a quite big flame from the top.the harder you squeeze the bigger the flame.purrrrdy