Janglamember
155 posts

Posted:
Was doing some circular weaves the other night and was thinking about a previous post about consideration for your crowd - a weave looks crap if you're facing the crowd.I started doing a forward weave to the left side, then on the right side and then taking that further round to the right into a backward weave. You can then do this all the way back to the other side. When you face the crowd with this one it looks rood! You basically end up doing a weave in front, one to the side, one in front and the one on the other side. Got some photos and it looks MAD on a long exposure time!Anyone got any ideas of how I can improve this or trasition into other moves from it?------------------"We are all of us in the gutter but some of us are looking up at the stars."

---------------------With a bit of luck, his life was ruined; always thinking that just behind some narrow door, in his favourite bars, men in red woolen suits are getting incredible kicks from things he'll never know.

sandmanmember
65 posts

Posted:
If I understand you correctly, you're describing what people round here call a 'lower fountain'. If you search on 'fountain' you'll find loads of posts regarding variations on the theme!It's a great move isn't it?

Janglamember
155 posts

Posted:
ooooo! so that's the fountain! everywhere else I saw it described I had no idea what people were on about. maybe now i understand that I'll be able to do the full fountain!cheers sandman - you may well have saved me frustration!------------------"We are all of us in the gutter but some of us are looking up at the stars."

---------------------With a bit of luck, his life was ruined; always thinking that just behind some narrow door, in his favourite bars, men in red woolen suits are getting incredible kicks from things he'll never know.

phunkyold hand
877 posts

Posted:
Just a tip to keep you're circle to your audience. When your doing anything from the weave series to the butterfly seires or vice verca, to keep the circle to the audiencce you have to either wrap, stall or whatever to keep the circle facing the right way. If you go straight from a weave to the butterfly, the butterfly will be facing the wrong way. Just start out the right way and thats basically all you need to know to keep the circle going.------------------[]Dhuong-Vu Truong==== []Dhunky ====

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
sounds more like a 270 static turning weave to me.def not a fountain, there was no b/h the head in there.lower fountain? I dont think so, but I'll leave arguement on that for the appropraitely motivated individs in other threads.Josh

Fire Princessmember
130 posts

Posted:
confused As far as I can gather, you're doing the lower fountain (feet stay still, fwd wve left, rvs wve right etc.) The fountain is wve, windmill, wve, windmill etc. I've also heard of a 'full fountain' - but I've got no idea what that is - there seems to be some confusion as to what's what.I'm not really sure I know what you're doing though - are you moving your feet??Princess xx

Janglamember
155 posts

Posted:
Sounds like Josh has it right - I can't do a windmill!------------------"We are all of us in the gutter but some of us are looking up at the stars."

Marlboromember
180 posts

Posted:
Jargon Headache --- can someone explain what a windmill is plse?I've been doing the same move Jangla, thinkin it was the lower foutain?(Lights another and scratching me head!!):-)~M

We were somewhere around Barstow on the edge of the desert when the drugs began to take hold.

shizN0Tmember
184 posts

Posted:
https://www.homeofpoi.com/new8.htmwindmill

I smell something burning.

Janglamember
155 posts

Posted:
she makes it look sooooo easy doesn't she!?------------------"We are all of us in the gutter but some of us are looking up at the stars."

adamricepoo-bah
1,015 posts

Posted:
I'm a little vague on what Jangla's doing here. It sounds like it might be a lower fountain *or* what Josh (and I) calls a 270 static turning weave.With the lower fountain, imagine your feet are facing forward and your torso is rotated 90° in one direction. You start doing the weave, and rotate your torso 180° while doing a weave-turn and wind up doing a rvs weave facing the other way. Your feet don't move.The 270 basically takes that idea a step further. You start off with your feet and torso both facing forward and start doing a weave. You rotate your torso to one side to go into a rvs weave, bring it back in front to a fwd weave, then rotate to the other side into a rvs weave and back again (perhaps Linda Blair could just keep turning in one direction). Your feet don't move (much). You can also do this starting from a rvs weave going into fwd weaves on the sides.You can dress this move up by throwing a windmill in the middle (once you learn how) or by doing giant arm swings at the outermost points of your rotations. For transitions, anything that can get you into/out of a weave can get you into/out of this.

Laugh while you can, monkey-boy

bhawkmember
48 posts

Posted:
I say someone should frame adamrice's definition and put it up on wall somewhere smile. That way there wont be any more confusion on what a lower fountain is.BTW, on a somewhat related topic, "Around the world" is when you do a lower fountain but turn 360 (forward weave, turn, backward weave, turn, forward weave) to the original position, right? I just want to know the name of this move.

Kosmik Lunatikmember
58 posts

Posted:
ya its called the bird bath 5 thank you very much

Janglamember
155 posts

Posted:
Bird bath 5!?!?! How did you come up with that name? Surely round the world is more like it!? Personally I prefer 360 circular weave but each to their own I suppose!------------------"We are all of us in the gutter but some of us are looking up at the stars."

Blackbirdmember
337 posts

Posted:
I thought it was the super-flying oompa-loompa biscuit weave? or was it the reverse super-flying biscuit weave butterfly...?anyway, a very very very useful move for keeping "the cirle" is the tuck turn and the btb high turn. you can turn 90 degrees then go straight into butterfly or weave, or even weave to btb weave... I've got this totally smooth now, it's really great - the btb weave is notoriously hard to put into routines. another good transition is mexican wave to reverse weave.

x X x ß £ Å Ĉ К ß î я Ð x X x