Liquidmember
28 posts

Posted:
is it ok if we have a rave up date topic some may be us US poi people can one day travel and meet each other, the only way im driving out of state is if im going to a party, plus most of us are ravers by the sound of it??????Thanks oh ya if any one lives in Dallas I can probably get you on alll the party guest list

SupermanBRONZE Member
829 posts

Posted:
Actually...i think the majority of people on the board are performers, not ravers.The new wave of newbies are ravers. I myself hit up a rave every now and then. Im going to D.J. Irene in August here in HoustonWhen i go, i spread the word about the Poi, and what it is. Most people have no clue what its orgins are, or that people Twirl burning staffs, and poi. "S"------------------"When a Man Lies He Murders Some Part of the World These Are the PaleDeaths Which Men Miscall Their Lives All this I Cannot Bear to Witness Any Longer Cannot the Kingdom of Salvation Take Me Home"

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear--not absence of fear.

- Mark Twain

jamiemember
21 posts

Posted:
first i'd like to apologize for fitting the stereotype(i'm new, 2 months, and i'm a raver) second i'd like to say that is a great idea but i doubt many people would go, i'd be willing to meet you within a hundred miles of san francisco or within 50 miles of pittsburgh, both of which are very far from where you live, unless more then 50 people from this site decide to go i'm not driving cross country, you know what i'm saying?

Liquidmember
28 posts

Posted:
lol well im a raver and a proformer, i rave there for I am. i would rather say party kid than raver though. I dont go to raves just to spin i go for EVERY THING that a rave is about.

Lamarmember
53 posts

Posted:
Right on Liquid. lol. There is this little work out room that I go to and right out side of it is a pool. Anyway, one day I noticed this really beautiful women in there working out but didn't get a chance to say anything to her. The next day I saw her up at the pool and started bullshittin' with her and at some point in the conversation she referred to me as a "raver kid". Whenever I finish a set I'll stretch, but I combine stretching w/ poi and liquid movements (2 birds, 1 stone) so I guess she noticed. Funny thing is I immediately corrected her w/o even thinking and just go 'Nah... I don't consider myself a raver kid. I love raves, but thats not all I am. If ya gotta classify me, though, just call me a party kid.' smileLiquid: If your ever near GA your more than welcome to hit up some parties w/ us. In Atlanta there are phat ass raves every single weekend. I'm going to see DJ Micro, Db, Dara, and Bobble this weekend at the Atrium. AK1200, DJ Icey, and DJ Baby Anne were at Studio Central last weekend, and a little while back we had Paul Oakenfold, Carl Cox, and Moby grace us w/ their presence at the Area 1 Music Festival. smile

EyeStormmember
54 posts

Posted:
One thing about me: I NEVER fit stereotypes. Ever. 99% of this board consists of performers and ravers. I am neither. grin smileOh well. I guess, however, we all have something in common, and that's what brings us here. That thing in common is Poi.

((m/)) --==EyeStorm==--

Liquidmember
28 posts

Posted:
beforer I left St, Louis I was going to hit up colorado for area 51 tour but. I left early and missed it. I like micro he is ok, AK 1200 aphrodite diesle boy rule. Im a jungle nut, have you heard of seb fontaine???he is like Paul oakenfolds understudy. Im not much of a house head, its just to happy, play full. I take my dancing and raves to serious, so I always dress nice. It make my liquid look better i think, but ya if you hear of any big raves in your area let me know i will drive the distance

Lamarmember
53 posts

Posted:
Never have heard of Seb Fontaine... I'll check it out tho. We actually had Aphrodite come to town about 6 months ago. I didn't mention it 'cause I'm extremely bitter about the fact that I had 3 projects all running concurrently w/ each other for school that I had to finish... so I was stuck at home! frownI'll definately drop ya a line if we have a phat jungle line up that hits town. AK1200 seriously comes here about once every month or 2, and Diesel boy (and Bad Boy Bill) were here for Outerlimits about 2 months ago so I'm sure they'll be around again.Can't say I get really serious about dancing, I just try to go out and have a really good time. I enjoy the kickass people you randomly meet just as much as I enjoy getting out there and breaking it down. I also always dress up... but I tend to pawn half of my clothes somewhere by the end of the night 'cause I get so damn hot. You know how it is, tho, some times you'll just get in a hard groove and the chill room isn't an option so ya either ditch the clothes or dance till you drop of heat exhaustion. smile

Liquidmember
28 posts

Posted:
lol I always leave wityh less cloths. I went to a rave one time and i got hot as hell , But i had some pajama bottoms with me in my bag i put on, they are green and very light, and have little yellow dogs on them. I was tripin so i thought it would be funny, So im walking around in just my pajama bottoms shoes and my back pack. I hear some good music, go dance come back, all my shit was gone. luckly I always put my car key ubder my shoe sole. I was cold as hell out side my heater was broken, thats why i had my pajamas on under my jeans. I had to drive three hours home freezing my go nads off. ever since then I wach my bag with an eagle eye. whats the worst thing to happen to you at a party. I had my car towed with my girl friends birth day cake in it. I thought it would be sweet to surpize her with it in the middle of the rave. damn car got towed, do you see alot of people OD at parties or not. some state i go to and party there is always some person that go a little to crazy, then some state i dont even hear of people getting dehidratedwell thats itplur

RavingLunaticmember
286 posts

Posted:
Yeah I fit the stereotype too..I'm a raver, and a firedancer..on the topic of raves, is anyone here going to shambalah?it's a huge hippie festival in Nelson BC coming up in less than a month.. awesome fire spinners, literally hundreds of DJs, 10 stages..it's amazing!

~whoosh whoosh whoosh~

frodusmember
92 posts

Posted:
LamarGood meeting you last nightkeep in touchfrodus@vt.edui met u outside swinging glowsticks!

Peace,Travis IM: frodus17