Forums > Social Chat > Speaking of Articles...

Login/Join to Participate

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
I was perusing through the fire blowing/breathing/eating articles Malcolm has listed in the FAQ section. Now, one of them..."Xena's Breath of Fire" I personally thought was pretty bad. It said this is how you do it, but don't because it's aweful, entirely too many times. And it gave incorect information such as "The Liver does not heal itself", as well as several other inconsistancies. BUT...there is a link on that page to one written by Penn Jillette from Penn and Teller that I think is amazing. I completely relate to it. It described my emotion to perfection on the matter. He was eloquent, straight forward, simple, honest and theatrical, even in words.I seriously suggest that if you have any interest in the oral fire arts, check this one out.https://www.sincity.com/penn-n-teller/articles/fire-eating.htmlenjoy!------------------Pele Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir...https://www.pyromorph.com[This message has been edited by Pele (edited 25 July 2001).]

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

Jessemember
118 posts

Posted:
You're right about that Xena article. It was terrible, and Penn's article was beautiful. I liked his comment about the self-made side-show freaks being his favorite. They're my favorite too.**pause for dramatic effect**No, actually... I'm not dead. You still thinking you might possibly have a super-slim chance of showing up at Pennsic, Pele?I've missed y'all, but I've been dreadfully busy. Malcom... Am I going to get the smack-down for asking Pele a question in the middle of my post? I'll go look for the thread that no doubt occurred when you added that disclaimer/instruction/agreement thingy.But now, quick, before I'm tempted to change the subject, back to your regularly scheduled Penn and Teller...