Forums > Social Chat > who's up for a twirlin chat

Login/Join to Participate

JeStErSILVER Member
enthusiast
214 posts

Posted:
Hi every one, I'm a keen twirler from Melbourne and I've entered the chat room a few times but no ones ever in there. So if you do use the chat what are the best times to get in there.Does anyone else use devil sticks on fire here?Does anyone else go to confest in oz?seeya's later

Trying to play the Akashic records,
but my turntables not compatible.

BEZERKERenthusiast
237 posts

Posted:
hEy JeStEr,Can't chat from my workstation but thought I'd give a heads up.Fire devil stick was my first fire toy. I love 'em. Not too many people get into them and so when you do them well most people are pretty responsive to them. How long have you sticked?And what is confest?

JeStErSILVER Member
enthusiast
214 posts

Posted:
I first started doing devil sticks about 6 years ago and then 6 months later bought some wick to put on em. I also bought a fire stick at that stage, then a few months later got into the poi. devil sticks are probably my best in terms of skills but I love doing the poi and 2 small staffs because they are so versatile.Yeah I always get a great response when doin the devil sticks because they're not as common as sticks or poi, I think it might be because they have closer links to juggling, ie: no constant contactconfest is a cool hippy festival up on the Murray on new years and easter, there's always lots of twirlers and drummers there.seeya

Trying to play the Akashic records,
but my turntables not compatible.

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
Hey, im a girl from sydney and I love fire twirling! Im also a bit of a hippie, and when i heard about this festival.... well! Can you tell me more please??? It sounds MAD! thanks, happy twirling!

StoneGOLD Member
Stream Entrant
2,829 posts

Posted:
Hi JeStEr, I a bity of an old hippy and have been going to confest since about 94. I've had some great times by the Murray river, especially at Moama. Confest https://www.dte.org.au/Confest
is hard to describe, but it changed my life. Decided to take up fire staff at Easter and ended up at HOP. Should have started ages ago. Not to worry, I hope to kick arse at New Years, see ya. smile wink smile[This message has been edited by Stone (edited 23 July 2001).]

If we as members of the human race practice meditation, we can transcend our fear, despair, and forgetfulness. Meditation is not an escape. It is the courage to look at reality with mindfulness and concentration. Thich Nhat Hanh

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
I've heard the fire twirling at Confest is really good...I've been intending to Go for AGES smilePerhaps this NYE?We dont really have any plans for NYE...unless our proposal for the Woodford Folk Fesitval goes through...(which I'm doubtful > )Josh