GoldenKrispymember
60 posts

Posted:
HEllo fellow peoplesCan someone plese tell me how poi is pronouced? is it said like:"pw-ar""p- oi""po"or am I totally wrong? I keep hearing people say it diffrently... hmmm.Can someone please help me with my verbal difficulties?? I feel dumb!! frownThankyou all!KRISSY wink

CassandraFroggie ... Ribbit !!!
4,224 posts

Posted:
Hi Golden krispyIn French if you prononce the word POI the French way, it'd mean "pea" as in (beans, potatoes and peas"... which in my opinion isn't really nice. So the few french I know tend to want to write it POY in order to have the correct pronounciation.All the people (english speaking I that is) I heard used POI pronounced as POY (like "boy"). Only the Spanish say "Cariocas" instead of poi... maybe because the word poi is close to another one which is "poya" and means eeer well... "penis" actually. :)shine onCassandra

"I want brown bread... no, that is diesel oil..."
"So I was raised in Europe, where History comes from ..."
"NON !!! La Plume de mon oncle n est pas Bingibangibungi !!!"

Rick aka LokiBRONZE Member
134 posts

Posted:
Heck, Poi dancing is used NOW to attract a partner. wink-Rick

-Rick aka Loki
oh, man, a signature?... uuh... this is like coming across wet cement... uuh, shoot, I had something clever I was saving... I hope I don't run out of sp