Evilsunmember
15 posts

Posted:
Well after struggling and struggling, wearing my fingers down to the bone (quite literally), I have mastered the weave smile Big deal I hear everyone call, but to me it is a big deal!I have only played with poi's for about 5 hours, so I am a big time newbie. I also blow fire, which is damn fun grin and I have more success than than with poi... at the moment...Also can someone tell me what meteoring is? I think that its two poi attached together??? but is the middle part solid?One last thing I have a friend who does martial arts, and he was showing me a 3 baton staff/flail thing, where the middle staff is long, and the end ones are short. I imediately wanted to convert it to a fire toy but he wouldn't let me smile Has any one else seen these and do you think it would work?CheersEvilsun[This message has not been edited by Evilsun]Don't believe it, its not true.[This message has been edited by Evilsun (edited 18 September 2001).]

Twirl Girlmember
14 posts

Posted:
Congratulations!! I know how you feel, I was twirling for ages before I realized I was doing the weave wrong - had to unlearn the old way and relearn the new, once I got it though WOW! Cant help you with the staff/flail thing, I have never seen anything like that before... could be interesting....------------------Lisa

Lisa

jedimastahmember
97 posts

Posted:
The staff flail thing that you were talking about is actually called a tri-sectional staff. Though a very powerfull weapon it is very difficult to controll.

Girl From Marsmember
168 posts

Posted:
CONGRATS TO YOU. i know being a newbie and learn a new trick is a huge deal to you. i realize this and give you a huge thumbs up because i think we all had the weave wrong and once we got it, we were so excited. i would like to say i'm excited for you. keep us posted on when you learn a new move. Keep spinning.The martian.------------------the music feeds my soul that glows and grows with every spin i take.

the music feeds my soul that glows and grows with every spin i take.

Evilsunmember
15 posts

Posted:
Thanks people,Nice board you've got here, with nice people on it smileThanks for the info and encouragement.CheersEvilsun

dizzymember
43 posts

Posted:
hay m8 give me a shout if u want a hand!take care dizz smile

Evilsunmember
15 posts

Posted:
Nah you're rubbish mate grinNot really mate thanks for the tips you big hippy smileEvilsun