Amanjiramember
6 posts

Posted:
I have just recently been experiementing and have taught myself to twirl two poi in one hand, one on the index, and one on my pinky, and have suceeded in doing a good weave, and am learning a 3 point turn in the same manner, can anyone suggest any other moves by using two poi in one hand??

Spin hard, or go home...

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
Hi AmanjiraThe dizzi one here, erm Im pretty sure there are loads of moves with one handed poi, its just the amount of practise and time it takes to learn them. So far Ive got a one handed corkscrew going nicely (which is embellished quite nicely by turning around underneath it) Start by swinging your hand (assumed right) round to the left (over your head) with your palm facing skywards, your palm should be facing skywards pretty much all the time with this one. For heavens sake do not practise this whilst on fire (it will def. poison you) There is the weave of course but I think you are more advanced than me with that one I gave up on turning a bit ago whilst on th threshold of getting it...will pick it up again soonish. Butterfly is poss too without too much difficulty there are actually lessons for it on this site... Gotta goKeep smilinPeaceDizziness...

Knagimember
397 posts

Posted:
How do you get from a one handed weave to a one handed butterfly. That's the only thing holding me up from doing double chains

We are all in the cosmic movie. That means the day you die you watch your whole life repeating for eternity. So you'd better have some good things happen in there and have a fitting climax. --Jim MorrisonIt's going to come from a direction you didn't predict at a moment of chaos which you didn't see coming. -- NYC

Amanjiramember
6 posts

Posted:
Knagi, I think going from a one handed weave to a one handed butterfly, is like, when you come out out the left side turn, (presuming that you're right handed), twist it back in front of you like whern you're starting a two handed butterfly, then make it happen, as Dizzi says, "Its just the amount of practise and time it takes to learn them"Amanjira

Spin hard, or go home...

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
mm I've been looking for a clean transtion from one handed weave to one handed butterfly...its kinda the barrier that stopped me practicing my one handed stuff...got bored...started moving in other directions...the only way I cna think of to do this cleanly is to wrap one poi on the other arm and let the other keep cruising round...then straight into a nice buttefly...getting back would be easier I think - go into a horizontal overhead butterfly, then wrap one poi and not the other...straight into a corkscrew...Anyhow - thoughts..Josh