TranceKujamember
68 posts

Posted:
I was wondering if anyone uses a single long string for POI. I'm a newbie *I think* and want to learn some new moves. I need some thoughts. I can also combo in some breakdance moves since I do that also. Thanks------------------I'm a FF fan. So what?Live by honor. Kill by stealth. Only the unseen survive.~peace~

Live by honor. Kill by stealth. Only the unseen survive.~peace~

Bassmanmember
95 posts

Posted:
I think you are referring to meteors. Not many people seem to do them as compared to poi, but there are a lot of cool moves that you can do with them that you can't do with regular poi.

RavingLunaticmember
286 posts

Posted:
so meteors are just one poi?

~whoosh whoosh whoosh~

CassandraFroggie ... Ribbit !!!
4,224 posts

Posted:
yes, raving lunatic, but double headed though (one poi head at each end) see the shop on the HOP for a picture.I am still curious cause I've never seen anyone do meteors at an advanced stage...Can you, Bassman ? I am goig to build myself some next week end ans start practicing...Anyone knows where to see some good meteors videos ?Shine oncassandra

"I want brown bread... no, that is diesel oil..."
"So I was raised in Europe, where History comes from ..."
"NON !!! La Plume de mon oncle n est pas Bingibangibungi !!!"

TranceKujamember
68 posts

Posted:
and btw, what's the best thing to connect (i use glowsticks) to the string? right now i'm using keychain rings.------------------I'm a FF fan. So what?Live by honor. Kill by stealth. Only the unseen survive.~peace~

Live by honor. Kill by stealth. Only the unseen survive.~peace~

NaganootchAKA CLERIC
172 posts

Posted:
I looked at the pictures of the meteors and i'm kinda confused how you would use em. Like you would use normal poi except there is a bit of string sorta attatching your hands to each other in the middle??

We are defined by the choices we make

Bassmanmember
95 posts

Posted:
Cassandra -- Nope, I've never tried them frownNaganootch -- Yes, that would be correct. You can also use them to do staff-like moves. If you twirl it right, it will straighten out like a staff.

arrghmember

Posted:
oh, that's what meteors is...intresting.Some of my friends I dont see much said they had spinned and when I met them to spin with them they had a meteor instead. They where pretty good at it, onehand stuff was very good, especially the weave where I find difficult to get the chains apart on the half of it when my thumb is leading. Tried there stuff a bit, and changing direktions is harder and butterflies is harder, I'll stick to my two chains definitly..Thogh I cant se many advatages woth meteors, you should be able to do more extrodenary wraps i belive, but I aint much in to that so Ill shut up my babbling now instead.

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
I think there are kung foo ninja monk type gudgies who use chains weighted at both ends, shaolin style MF's, might be some on kungfoo video,dont know, thried them with monkey claw knots round tennis balls, Verry very hard and heavy. didnt like.

jedimastahmember
97 posts

Posted:
Yea, the long chain there are many techniques to the long chain. Many complicated wraps and such. But it was developed to keep your opponent at a distance untill ready to strike with a knife or sword ro even a limb.

psychomonkeymember
148 posts

Posted:
Ok, I promise Ill get the FAQ done ASAP!! Im finally back for good (or at least for a while) Later!!-PSM

One can only see what one observes, and one observes only things which are already in the mind.-Alphonse Bertillon