Forums > Beginner Poi Moves > brand new super dooper leg flick start for staff!!!

Login/Join to Participate

eyemonkeymember
22 posts

Posted:
I dunno how well this works on fire because i haven't tried it yet.I stole the basic idea from a jackie chan movie.Basically, lift your leg up and rest your staff on the outside of your thigh. wrap your leg around thepole, as high up as possible, and hook your toes arond as far a possible as if you were going to climb a rope in the circus fashion. kick your leg forward and if this is done right it should spin up in the air and get a good few spins on it before you catch it and start spinning. let me know in anyone has any success.

peace out,EyEMonKeY

CharlesBRONZE Member
Corporate Circus Arts Entertainer
3,989 posts

Posted:
Excellent, Eyemonkey, that is one of the best thread descriptions I've read so far.As to the trcik, do you know which movie it was in? I've practiced doing the club trick of flicking it up off the ground with you foot and ankle. Didn't have much luck, but I can't dot hat with clubs either ( smile ).I don;t quite understand where the toes are, but that's a good deasciption too, i'll try it soon...------------------Charleshttps://juggling.co.nz

HoP Posting Guidelines
* Is it the Truth?
* Is it Fair to all concerned?
* Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
* Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

Blackbirdmember
337 posts

Posted:
argh f*** me, you gonna try that with a lit staff? I keep burning my shoes mad

x X x ß £ Å Ĉ К ß î я Ð x X x

Blackbirdmember
337 posts

Posted:
oh try bouncing it off your ankle when it comes down, then catching it...or you could do an entire staff routine with just your feet... hmm...

x X x ß £ Å Ĉ К ß î я Ð x X x

eyemonkeymember
22 posts

Posted:
just to clarify, the staff should be vertical, standing on one end when you start. I don't know if that helps at all.I don't remember which film its in because i've seen so many i stop thinking of them as films and just remember the fights. i'll let you know when i do it with fire.

peace out,EyEMonKeY

jedimastahmember
97 posts

Posted:
I believe the film was Shanghai Noon. Yes I have tried it lit. Kind of nerve wracking, But intresting nontheless. But instaid of bringing your leg strait out, try crossing your body. The staff will start out with a very quick spin parallel to the body. Which, of course, can be easily caught. cool

JeStErSILVER Member
enthusiast
214 posts

Posted:
arrrgh, how the hell? I've read and reread the description and tryed many different variations on how to do it but can't figure it out.what do u mean when u say kick your leg out across your body? - which leg - which direction?i can do the foot/ankle flip with juggling clubs, but those rules/principles don't seem to apply directly to this.it sounds cool and i would like to learn it, please enlighten me.cya's

Trying to play the Akashic records,
but my turntables not compatible.