phunkyold hand
877 posts

Posted:
Something i remember fooling around with a couple of weeks ago (i forget shit).Start off with a butterfly to the left of you. So on your left side it should be a reverse butterfly (assuming you started from a forward spinning butterfly), quickly bring your right hand behind your head so it becomes a behind the head butterfly, leave your right hand behind you, turn slightly and bring your left hand to your right side and it should merge to a butterfly on your right side.You can also do it low but instead of bringing your right hand behind your head bring it behind your back.Another idea is maybe try it in split time, or on your first left side butterfly bring it through your legs and... err spontaneous ideas, actually im gonna try this right now heh.------------------[]Dhuong-Vu Truong==== []Dhunky ====

phunkyold hand
877 posts

Posted:
[For nightshade]------------------[]Dhuong-Vu Truong==== []Dhunky ====

NightShade1member
368 posts

Posted:
umm i havent done that... i have done umm Butterfly lower fountain that is kinda easy... i will try that you said thanks smile You know i also got an idea i guess you could do a full fountain with butterfly but not sure...(well kinda like yers but with windmill instead the behind the head butterfly) i have been playing switching from butterfly family to weave family and viceversa without doing wraps... i think its possible doing a switch from a butterfly to a windmill then a rev butterfly ( that would be a butterfly full foutain???) or im wrong? ihave done once the butterfly swtiching to a windmill... one time i need to practice it tho but dunno [This message has been edited by NightShade1 (edited 24 January 2002).]

Dance like if noone were watching you

phunkyold hand
877 posts

Posted:
I dont know if this will make sence but to go from butterfly into a windmill without wrapping, stalling, kicking etc will make youre "circle" turn 90 degrees. Hence make your circle control sloppy. I guess if you had a big crowd of people around you it would work. There isn't much to butterfly, windmill butterfly, you just have to force it, which is why i don't like doing transitions from butterfly to weave series without a wrap or some type move to change the direction of one of the poi.------------------[]Dhuong-Vu Truong==== []Dhunky ====

NightShade1member
368 posts

Posted:
well i kinda told that to yashiro when he were telling me about itbut if you look the Jo derry video dunno it doesnt look that he is FORCING the switch from butterfly family to weave family dunno!maybe is just practice?well at least for me what you think?[This message has been edited by NightShade1 (edited 24 January 2002).]

phunkyold hand
877 posts

Posted:
In all of jo derrys videos that i've seen, he has kept the circle to the audience. The only time i can remember him doing anything like switching a butterfly to a weave series is a butterfly to a quad corkscrew. In which the "circle" doesn't apply because it's a horizontal move. Basically just turn to your right or left on a butterfly and one of your poi will change directions, then do a quad corkscrew.------------------[]Dhuong-Vu Truong==== []Dhunky ====

NightShade1member
368 posts

Posted:
okay thanks smile thats all i needed new stuff to do :/ was getting boring of notknwing what else to do i like doing new stuff smile new tricks