Forums > Beginner Poi Moves > guys help with the quadruple corkcrew...

Login/Join to Participate

NightShade1member
368 posts

Posted:
Okay everytime i try it i just get like an horizontal chasing sun :/ you know like a quadruple 2 beats horizontal chasing sun O_o wtf is that? hehehe well that is what i get when i try the quadruple corkscrew someone help!! superman? help? smiledunno why.. anyone can help me?

Dance like if noone were watching you

Mystaddict
439 posts

Posted:
Day in and day out we get asked this question, My advice as always will be to learn the 5 beat weave, It's the same hand movement. Then before you ask how to do a 4 beat windmill, remember this is also the same hand movement. And last but not least the quadrople cork is the same hand movement as well. So here's what we've learned, The 5beat weave, 4 beat windmill, and the quadrople Corkscrew all have the same hand movements. Learn one and the others will come easier. It sounds like you have stiff wrists if you're doing a chase the sun, try using your wrists to manipulate the poi, you'll have to learn this anyways if you want to progress to new levels. You're on the right track though and learning new moves isn't always easy as we've all come to find out. I didn't mean to seem like such an ass on in this post so don't take me the wrong way.Eric[This message has been edited by Myst (edited 25 August 2001).]

Its about talent, not make up or costumes.

NightShade1member
368 posts

Posted:
Mist dude...okay my problem is this one... now i can get the 2 beats up my head really really easy but when i go down to do the other 2 beats down... my pois wrap and i mess up.. sometimes i get the horizontal chasing sun down too... bleh this sucks! ya still think that my wrist are the problem??i guess that is cause when i go down i dont have totally horizontal my pois and got it maybe in like a 30 degrees dunno why frown

Mystaddict
439 posts

Posted:
If you are doing the hand movements right it may just be the timing. Nobody can help you if we don't know exsactly what you're doing. In either case, you are just having a mental block and watching the video in the poi lessons may just fix your problem. Pay close attention to their hand movements and their timing. Good luck!!!Eric

NightShade1member
368 posts

Posted:
hey Myst thanks okay?i found out what was the problem... i was doing it slow to dont hit myself hard if i did a mistake...well i used to do it faster when i was practicing till i hit my face OUCH!!! and then i started doing it slower... but then now i started doing it faster i mean that 4 beats corkscrew... now i get it easy... and dont slap my self lol grin

Mystaddict
439 posts

Posted:
OK? I'm just glad you got it now. Onto bigger and better moves.Eric

NightShade1member
368 posts

Posted:
Myst i noticed that i got the quadruple corkscrew but i saw that i always get like a semi vertical 2 beats when ia m doing it down when its supposed to be horizontal! ;Pyou know what i mean?anwayys you think i just need more practice or is something else?

Mystaddict
439 posts

Posted:
Practice is a huge part of overcoming any poi related block. Try doing just a reagular cork screw and getting that horizontal. After that, practice your quadrople cork. It always good to remember that you are controling the poi and it's not the other way around. Angling your hands twards the ground is an easy way to remedy your virtical problem. So when you do it over your head, your hands are POInted twards the sky, and when you bring it down they're POInted twards the ground. I'm trying, I'm trying. We will over come this problem.Eric