shizN0Tmember
184 posts

Posted:
split time butterfly is where the poi meet at the sides instead of the top and bottom?I cant do it frown

I smell something burning.

SupermanBRONZE Member
829 posts

Posted:
YES thats right Shiz..hold your poi out in fornt of you. Swing them parallel to the front of your body. Instead of moving your hands up and down, move them in small circles. Sort of imagining your hands jumping on top of each other.Your having a mental block, its not hard. I almost dont even consider it a move."S"------------------"When a Man Lies He Murders Some Part of the World These Are the PaleDeaths Which Men Miscall Their Lives All this I Cannot Bear to Witness Any Longer Cannot the Kingdom of Salvation Take Me Home"

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear--not absence of fear.

- Mark Twain

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
The beauty of the split time butterfly is doing a lower fountain style movement. Do the split time butterfly, then pull it to the right or left so that it is behind you (actually to the side of you, because it's really hard to do without rotating a little bit). After it swings on that side, pull it back to the front. Learn to do it on the other side of your body too.~Hmm...If you don't understand what I mean, picture a normal "over the head" butterfly, just going sideways.~oh yeah. This will take a lot of practice. I've been trying this for a while, and still can't manage to keep the poi from smacking me. But, I've seen some other people do it, so there's hope.

phunkyold hand
877 posts

Posted:
check out jo derry's video in the video section. He does this in one of them i believe.------------------[]Dhuong-Vu Truong==== []Dhunky ====

emthrenmember
57 posts

Posted:
If you've ever swung two skipping ropes, I'm pretty sure that's exactly the same hand movement and timing.Might also help to swing from side to side quickly, a-la "Walk Like An Egyptian". wink