yashiromember
77 posts

Posted:
Well, have any of you felt like you are doing the same as the other and then begin to do wraps-only moves instead of the same old weaves/windmills etc. etc. I mean, wrapping only in all of the show or whatever? BTW I'm a glowstick twirler and I'll like to know if any of you do this wrap combo:(reverse)= reverse swing(forward)= forward swing1-) do the windmill and wrap the left poi to the right hand and now u'll be in butterfly position2-) inmediately wrap both on your legs and it swings in reverse3-) wrap the right poi(reverse) to your left hand and pull it out(forward)4-) wrap the left poi(reverse) to your right hand and the right poi(forward) to your right leg5-) pull out both and wrap the right poi to your left bicep and left poi must be swinging forward6-) with the left bicep wrapped, inmediately wrap the left poi(forward) to your left knee7-) wrap the left poi(reverse) to your right hand8-) finishes in butterfly moveI did this combo and a guy asked if I am from the shaolin temple, btwSorry if my English is confusing =PKeep posting more wrap combination moves!!!------------------[- y.a.s.h.i.r.o. -]

pozeeBRONZE Member
old hand
887 posts

Posted:
love that one looks good to do, many variances on it as well, instead of wrapping the bicep try the neck for one of them, or throw an extra behind the back opposite arm wrap. also once i get back into the butterfly(forward or reverse) i like to bring my hands up like i am going to hit my fore head and turn them down so that they both wrap around both biceps. if you want to compare notes let me know.

anyone got a light?

yashiromember
77 posts

Posted:
I mean at step 5 it is a back opposite arm wrap, thanks pozeeremember to do the combo without making any full rotation only the first butterfly (wraps only)BTW pozee, i don't understand your "i like to bring my hands up like i am going to hit my fore head and turn them down so that they both wrap around both biceps"where can i see a picture of thise move, I think it is a nice way finish the combo with both poi swinging at the same time =)------------------[- y.a.s.h.i.r.o. -]

pozeeBRONZE Member
old hand
887 posts

Posted:
sorry no pictures that i know of yet, i will try to explain it a little better, okay got it, pretend you are fishin with a pole, the arm movement of pulling back a little and then letting them rock forward. another way like you are chopping wood with an axe, but just move your fore arms back and forth, you will want to remember to bend your wrists towards the bicebs of course. hope that helps a little better. if you like that try to do it one handed on to the same arm that is holding the poi, or the opposite arm while it is extended straight out behind you. have fun with it.

anyone got a light?

Mystaddict
439 posts

Posted:
I have a combo I find myself doing a lot also. It's a lower fountain when the poi are in the middle wrap your right poi around your left wrist(butterfly), wrap both poi around your right leg and leave your hands there. pull both poi up at the same time and your right poi will wrap your left wrist and at the same time your left poi will wrap your right wrist, pull them apart(butterfly) and wrap right poi around your neck back into a lower fountain. Eric

Its about talent, not make up or costumes.

yashiromember
77 posts

Posted:
Hey Myst, do you have any movies or something to show that combo??

Mystaddict
439 posts

Posted:
If it's a matter of you not believing me then pozee will be my witness, if it's cause you want to see it, I may or may not make the deadline for the compitition. Eric

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
I'll vouch for both Myst and Pozee...if they say they can do it I beleive them - cuz I've seen them twirl smileJosh

pozeeBRONZE Member
old hand
887 posts

Posted:
are we all here now? well i do not think it is a matter of belief or not, more a matter of holy shit! i have got to see that. yes that is an awesome combo, and believe me he has it down. hey myst want to be a part of my entourage to spin at this party on saturday. tried to call you. josh, man i miss you guys. i have gotten sme great new wraps since i saw you guys, it was very inspirational to have you two here. those nights on the beach were some of my best nights of spinning and definately the highlight of my fire life. talk to you all soon,

anyone got a light?

yashiromember
77 posts

Posted:
Oh common, I wanted to see the video and keep it for my self and learn it hehehe(cause i'm an amateur in this)

jedimastahmember
97 posts

Posted:
I have developed two very dificult wraps one is a double neck wrap. The other being a double leg wrap. The nack wrap is slightly dificult. First you start with a butterfly with long chains. The longer the better.Then when the poi reach about 45 degrees from the ground you bend at the waist into the the butterfly.The instant you feel the chains on the back of your neck, you lean back to where you feel you might fall back.Then you bend back forward at the waist like if you are going to bow.Ultimiately you straiten up and are back in the butterfly.This is a very dangerous move and can be very painfull. Also if lit up you can get seroiusly burned if they tangle around your neck. Practice alot before lighting up. PLEASE!The leg wrap is a LOT more dificult, but ironically less dangerous. First you start making large forward circles on your sides at the same beat. Both up and both down. Lift the right leg slightly to the right. With the right chain, wrap the right leg and cross your leg over to the left. (The poi itself will cross your right leg whip around the right side of your right leg. When you cross your leg to the left it will unwrap on your left side.) After you cross your leg to the left, the left poi will have completed a full revolution. After that rev. Your left poi will wrap around your right leg. Cross your right leg back to standing position and both poi will unrap themselves and you can continue into other moves as you see fit. (basically what happens is that your right poi wraps then begins to unwrap. Then your left poi wraps as your right poi unwraps. Then your left poi begins to unwrap as your right poi is freed. After that your left poi frees itself and you can continue on with any move you like.)This wrap takes a considerable amount of balance and mental concentration. Very hard to master but very cool looking.

Mystaddict
439 posts

Posted:
Yo' josh. I got the BTB 5 beat weave down. I have it great shin bash and alright face bash. I can turn in circles to the right with it, but kinda have to work on turning to the left still. I do it with my zuni poi, glow sticks are a little light and I still have to practice a little more with them before I have it perfect. Learn anything new lately, you did some wicked shit with your staff and I'v definatly never seen anyone spin something so fluidly. Miss you "Heaps". EricPozee: calling you now.

pozeeBRONZE Member
old hand
887 posts

Posted:
myst try again, if not tonight call tomorrow i will be home all day. if i dont answer i am out front on the beach. topic: luke(jedi)haha, i really like the sound of that leg wrap. i use chains that are a bit shorter, but with my long chains that one would be nice. havent tried this one but cassandra likes to do it. neck wrap really close to handle, then make that same wrap go around your fore arm and then bring it all to the other side to unwrap. haven't tried it but it definately sounds awesome.

anyone got a light?