Forums > Beginner Poi Moves > reverse butterfly kick ass trick

Login/Join to Participate

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
I learnt this at a wicked free party at St Alfreds Tower, New Forest from the guy who did the spinning scenes in the film the beach.Start with reverse butterfly. As you know from here you can do a low (underarm) wave and a high (overarm) wave. Move one arm behind as in the high wave. Instead of bringing it back in front of you do another two spins behind your back moving your arm into the low wave position. This arm then moves in front and the other arm repeats the procedure. All you are doing is connecting the low and the high wave into one move. This is great for moving around or adjusting angles on stage as it looks a lot harder than it is.

SupermanBRONZE Member
829 posts

Posted:
you can also stick it into a BTB BF and come in and out of it from there as well.good trick LABRAT------------------"When a Man Lies He Murders Some Part of the World These Are the PaleDeaths Which Men Miscall Their Lives All this I Cannot Bear to Witness Any Longer Cannot the Kingdom of Salvation Take Me Home"

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear--not absence of fear.

- Mark Twain

ReddevilBRONZE Member
28 posts

Posted:
I know this one its the same as jeff duncansdark monkey..i think...this was one on the first moves i learned, but i didnt really see any name for this move or anyone else talk about it..i know how to do it but havent seen what it looks like.