AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
This is my favorite trick at the moment it really is wicked.As you know the fountain can be done on two sides one turning to the right and another to the left. Spin the poi forwards the way you are facing. Without moving your feet perform a fountain cycle to the right of your body (you will have to bend and balance a bit) Once you have completed the cycle perform a fountain to the left of your body. After enough practice this all looks like one fluid move and can be stopped and started all over the place.

Knagimember
397 posts

Posted:
It can also be broken apart it takes alot of drugs and some kick ass music but you can pull beats out of it. so say your right hand goes off in this move to the right and your left goes off into it on your left side. It can be broken apart in anyway. Looks neat I like throwing in an over the head butterfly when they cross heading the the other directions.My 2.cents------------------We are all in the cosmic movie. That means the day you die you watch your whole life repeating for eternity. So you'd better have some good things happen in there and have a fitting climax. --Jim MorrisonMost Memerable crowd saying "Hey look that dude's gonna set himself on fire again!"

We are all in the cosmic movie. That means the day you die you watch your whole life repeating for eternity. So you'd better have some good things happen in there and have a fitting climax. --Jim MorrisonIt's going to come from a direction you didn't predict at a moment of chaos which you didn't see coming. -- NYC

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
Pleeeeeeeeeeeease explain the fountain to me it sounds like a damn fine move and I wish to make it my next sparring partner.Cmon..... pud em up.Is it a "hit you in the face move" or a "whip you on a bareskinned sweaty back one" or a "bust bloodvessel in the kneecap one??" They are impressive those ones. Huge bruises. Seriously Im dying to know about this one.CheersPeaceDizziness.

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
Nevermind just found out Ive been doin it for a while.

phunkyold hand
877 posts

Posted:
ya i didn't even know about the fountain for the longest time. Then when i found out what it was i was like "thats it?"------------------[]Dhuong-Vu Truong==== []Dhunky ====

courtneemember
37 posts

Posted:
for those of us who know we havent been doing it for a year, got any tips? ive seen videos and stuff but they just seem to confuse me. i guess its a variant of the weave but with a few beats in front of the body?

-nee

NYC_not_PKOne Tyred Guy
203 posts

Posted:
My understanding is that a "low fountain" is JUST a transition from a forward weave to a backwards weave (like you've done a million times) and the "full fountain" includes a windmill between the forward and backward weaves.I'm right, right?

PK is a god.. i love the Peeekster.

.:PK:. [poiinthepark founder member]

Educate your self in the Hazards of Fire Breathing smileSTAY SAFE! hug

NYC_not_PKOne Tyred Guy
203 posts

Posted:
By the way, my fav move of the month is JUST going from forward to backwards weave while turning constantly to one side. Just 3 beats, 3 beats, 3 beats while spinning in a circle like an idiot. Don't care how it looks to others, don't care if I get dizzy, I just get a kick out of spinning in a circle of fire.Call me silly.

PK is a god.. i love the Peeekster.

.:PK:. [poiinthepark founder member]

Educate your self in the Hazards of Fire Breathing smileSTAY SAFE! hug

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
I think you are correct....Silly! smileJosh

courtneemember
37 posts

Posted:
wow, cool. ive been doing the full fountain for a while then. i guess the trick is to not turn your body into the spin, but to turn the spin around you?

-nee

courtneemember
37 posts

Posted:
yay! got the lower fountain! smileyou care, im sure.dizzy, it seems to be a 'smack yourself in the back of the shoulder' move if you dont stretch enough.-------------------nee[This message has been edited by courtnee (edited 24 August 2001).]

-nee