pozeeBRONZE Member
old hand
887 posts

Posted:
when i first found this site a few months ago i saw the 5 beat weave for the first time. i picked it up the next day, but the reverse was giving me a lot of trouble so i stopped trying so much. another one i just wasnt getting was the rev ttn. then two days ago on the beach with josh and katinca i decide to just close my eyes and let the poi show me how to do it. i already knew the rythm from doing them both forward. and then i got it perfect. it really helped to close my eyes and not worry about where the poi were, i knew where they were just by their pull on my hands, any way, just wanted to suggest if you are having trouble doing somethin in rev that you can do reg, just close your eyes.

anyone got a light?

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
nice one! glad you got that move =)i know intuitively that closing ones eyes is a good thing while dancing (with fire or without), yet with poi (although i am quite good) i am still afraid i am going to bonk myself on the head if i close my eyes. i'll still keep trying though...J-Love~

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
Try perusing through thishttps://www.homeofpoi.com/ubb/Forum1/HTML/000144.html------------------Pele Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir...https://www.pyromorph.com

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

CassandraFroggie ... Ribbit !!!
4,224 posts

Posted:
Funny you mention that cause there is this other thread on the social section about keeping your eyes shut.As a matter of fact I find it hard to close my eyes at first when I am learning a move . Especially while working on BTB things cause those mean little metal poi keep popping up from behind my back and under my arms without warning and punch me in the face and I am too affraid to not see them come (even with wide open eyes I am still covered in bruises... frown )However, when working on some variations of techniques I allready know or when just trying to let the poi flow and see where it is taking me, I just LOVE to shut my eyes.Shine oncassandra

"I want brown bread... no, that is diesel oil..."
"So I was raised in Europe, where History comes from ..."
"NON !!! La Plume de mon oncle n est pas Bingibangibungi !!!"