Blackbirdmember
337 posts

Posted:
Couldn't find anything very helpful on this... I can probably do it, i just don't know what it is, heh... I can do a lower fountain no probs.Any info?Something with a windmill and a lower fountain or something... [image]https://www.homeofpoi.com/ubb/images/icons/confused.gif">------------------[/image] - William ShakespeareCheck out my Online Gallery!ß £ Å Ĉ К ß î я Ð

x X x ß £ Å Ĉ К ß î я Ð x X x

pyro_teknikmember
51 posts
Location: england wiltshire under stonehenge with the fire f...

Posted:
yes i am intrigued would like to know what fountain is all about always like to learn new stuff smile

handlebar moustaches are funny :)

pyro_teknikmember
51 posts
Location: england wiltshire under stonehenge with the fire f...

Posted:
ok So I just looked at the other thread and I now know that it is a trick I do already. But yes it is cool not too difficult and looks cool

handlebar moustaches are funny :)

protozoaGOLD Member
148 posts

Posted:
The "lower fountain", "around-the-world", whatever, as I understand it, is done the same way as a reverse-to-forward weave and turn, except that the reverse and forward weaves go from one side to the other and transition into each other in front of your body.The Fountain, as I understand it, is this move with the windmill thrown in as the poi travel around the front of your body.Another thing to put on the list to film, next time I can pin Vees and his camera down...

vanizeSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,899 posts

Posted:
I posted this on another thread, but a cool variation is to do the fountain with an extra beat in the windmill, and then come out of the windmill with the extra beat into an extra beat weave. If you have the reverse extra beat weave, you can then use that as a coll transition into an extra beat version of the "lower fountain"/"around the world" thingy (which gets confusing, but is manageable). The transition down from the extra beat windmill to the extra beat weave has a very cool feel to it.

-v-

Wiederstand ist Zwecklos!

Mystaddict
439 posts

Posted:
The fountain, lol, that is so funny, I've been doing this since I started, lower fountain = Tri-weave. I also do it with a 5 beat weave. When I do a full fountain I do the 5 beat weave with a 4 beat windmill in the middle. I'm in shock cause when I first started spinning I saw a post about a fountain but didn't understand what the hell they were talking about. I like tri-weave for the lower fountain better so I'm going to stick with that. Eric

Its about talent, not make up or costumes.

NightShade1member
368 posts

Posted:
how is a fountain?havent saw it in this page frowncan someone gimme a link to see how its done???

Dance like if noone were watching you

ReddevilBRONZE Member
28 posts

Posted:
Here is a nice demo of a lower fountain https://members.nbci.com/dicestacker/poi_swinging.htmits
basically going from a forward weave to backwards weave, hope this helps[This message has been edited by Reddevil (edited 10 August 2001).]

clarkeymember
29 posts

Posted:
Nightshade1 - another link for learning the founatin is https://www.geocities.com/firepoi/,
just go to the site and select the fountain from the moves list. It has a sort of animated stick man thing, that breaks down the all the movements. I'm trying to learn this myself at the moment, but when someone was showing me the other day they said it was the behind the head butterfly integrated with the weave, not the windmill. I don't think it makes much difference really... anywayz hope this is useful winkTIM

The best way to predict the future is to invent it

Annie Cmember
40 posts

Posted:
Well....let's see. After reading through other threads on this I think I know what it is....cross and follow forwards and backwards......one each side of your body....yes? No?How did this move get this name as it feels nothing like a fountain...it does feel loverleeee to do...and I find not too much effort either.....I found it was just a wee twist from side to side and your hands automatically want to spin in the other direction...I do it all at waist level....Am I right???? shocked

adamricepoo-bah
1,015 posts

Posted:
We seem to be getting into a nomenclature-dispute zone.The "lower fountain" is a new name to me for that move (whatever you want to call it). I've called it a "static 180° weave" (or "180"). It's also possible to do a 270, which is fun.The fountain, as I understand it, is weave-windmill-weave. I don't know if it would be possible to do it as weave-butterfly-weave, but it would definitely be a lot harder--Clarkey, it would make a difference, because in the windmill, like the weave, your chains are going in the same direction. In the butterfly, they are going opposite directions. So to get from the weave to the windmill, you only need to change planes. To go from the weave to the butterfly, you need to change planes plus change one chain's direction.

Laugh while you can, monkey-boy

Annie Cmember
40 posts

Posted:
Great Adam...looks like all I need to do now is add the windmill into the middle of that!!!!Yes???Shit why is there still 3 hours left at work...I want to try now...I am sitting here spinning my arms around at my desk...I have a few strange looks..... blush

Bassmanmember
95 posts

Posted:
clarkey -- The move on the website that you were pointing to is *not* the full fountain. The full fountain changes between the lower fountain and the windmill, not the weave and the windmill. Of course they don't call it the full fountain, they just call it plain old fountain, which I suppose could be correct. And like Adam was saying, there is no butterfly involved. It's definately a windmill.

NightShade1member
368 posts

Posted:
is fountain that easy???as far i saw is a combination of weave/windmild/weave/windmild and so on...iam right???

Dance like if noone were watching you

Annie Cmember
40 posts

Posted:
Oh SHIT...my head might explode....are we all getting really confused...please has anyone got a VID.......surely one of you luscious people SURELY..... shocked shocked shocked

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
Okay...now to add more confusion to the fire as I learned the fountain as weave, chase the sun (the behind the head portion), weave.With the windmill one poi is in front of you, one in back. With CTS variation, both are behind. Herm...possibly just variations? It's be interesting to see if it can go weave-windmill-weave-cts-weave-windmill....you get the idea...If it's the windmill variation I have been doing it awhile and didn't know it and the CTS variation is harder, so I have been beating myself up, well, just bumping really!------------------Pele Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir...https://www.pyromorph.com

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

clarkeymember
29 posts

Posted:
Sorry about my weblink, didn't know that it was incorrect... thought i had the move pretty much sorted - now its back to practice... argh!!!Good luck all.Clarkey smile

The best way to predict the future is to invent it

NYC_not_PKOne Tyred Guy
203 posts

Posted:
Cool, I JUST figured this "move" out on my own and now read on this thread (my first time brave enough to read the "moves" section) that it's "the fountain". It's really just a logical TRANSITION of moves (henseforth the quotes) and perhaps we should categorize it as such to avoid confusion.If done correctly, (IMHO) Weave-Windmill-RWeave, it DOES look like a fountain in that it "flows" over you. The "hoop of fire" sprays from one side, over you, and then to the other. OK, I'm stretching, but sort of...Also, Pele, if you're CTS instead of WM aren't you just playing the split time, equal time game? I think the trick to making it look good is keeping your hands close together above your head on the windmill to keep the same sized circle traveling over you... OR keeping your hands just above your shoulders and doing a CTS so you get one circle breaking into two circles then back into one once you've weaving again...I DON'T think that a transition from the forward weave to the backwards weave gets a name though (low fountain?)... that's just silly! Otherwise I'm gonna start naming simple transitions after me smile

PK is a god.. i love the Peeekster.

.:PK:. [poiinthepark founder member]

Educate your self in the Hazards of Fire Breathing smileSTAY SAFE! hug