Forums > Beginner Poi Moves > two people thread the needle

Login/Join to Participate

FireDragonmember
4 posts

Posted:
well i just saw yesterday a pretty interesting move for two people and thought i'de share it.imagine two people - each holding one poi in opposite hands and facing each other. then they do a thread the needle, each of them doing one hand of the trick. the direction of the trick is away from them to the side.then do the same thing only with both hands. so basically, there are two thread-the-needlebeeing done. one on each side of the people.the way to get in the move is to stand in front of eachother and swing the poi forward and get together.hope you can imagine it. it is a really sexy move if performed with a bit of grace.itai

Shine on you crazy diamondPink Floyd

adamricepoo-bah
1,015 posts

Posted:
I've tried doing this with the butterfly. It's not particularly hard once you get into it, but getting into the move is a *bitch*. More often than not, we screw up the step-in part and wind up clobbering each other (we don't stop swinging). The timing is very tricky. Doing this with the TTN would be pretty similar, I reckon.PS: "itai" is "ouch!" in Japanese. Seems especially appropriate here.

Laugh while you can, monkey-boy

FireDragonmember
4 posts

Posted:
first, i have seen the butterfly done in two and the TTN looks much nicer to me. the butterfly is very understandable. you look at the TTN and you wonder for a second what is going on.the meaning of name in japanese would probablly cause some funny responses in japan, where i am going to be soon.itai

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
I have also *heard* of people doing the TTN opposite each other like that, each one having one poi, and then switching the poi. ie: Person one has poi in their left hand, person two in their right...then person one takes person two's poi in their right hand, does thread for a moment, person two grabs a poi from one's left hand in their left so they have then traded poi and have switch which side the thread is occurring on.I have no one to practice this with anyway so it doesn't matter frown but I thought I'd throw it out there and see what happens. Let me know if I muttled up the description! ------------------Pele Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir...https://www.pyromorph.com

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

FireDragonmember
4 posts

Posted:
thanks pele. nice idea. i'll try it with a friend.

FireDragonmember
4 posts

Posted:
wait. i read it again. do you mean they are punching towards each other? in my version, the people are punching away to the side.

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
Yeah, they are definately facing each other and spinning forwards.

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

sundancermember
1 post

Posted:
This one is already listed under "moves sent in by visitors" the reason you sometimes hit each other is you have to take the poi in the other persons right hand with your left hand :mirror image" if you try to take their right poi with you right hand you end up doing backwards ttn. you can also do one handed butterfly in your right hand, but take the opposit poi when you go back into butterfly. anyone get what im saying??MWWW.FIRESHAMAN.COMweb sit up in two weeks^(It dosnt matter what your spining, as long as your spining)

CassandraFroggie ... Ribbit !!!
4,224 posts

Posted:
Hey Fire Dragon !love the idea. I discovered the double butterfly with a great guy in Spain. It is just really amazing. So the idea of a TTN is great. I am sure Josh would add "do it with a reverse TTN, it will look better " winkShine onCassPS : told you your name will "hurt" in Japan wink

"I want brown bread... no, that is diesel oil..."
"So I was raised in Europe, where History comes from ..."
"NON !!! La Plume de mon oncle n est pas Bingibangibungi !!!"