SupermanBRONZE Member
829 posts

Posted:
ok..to date the 5 beat weave has evaded me as well.last night i was messing with tuck turns again. I was crisscrossing in same-time but tucking under my arm pit on each side. (not turning)i tried to speed it and move alittle faster, which made my Poi split time.i began to weave out of habit, but with a slight tuck with one of the Poi...Is this the 5-beat weave!?!? It seemed like it was because i had more movement on each side of my body. At first i thought i was doing some wierd-ass weave variation, but i think its a 5-beat the more i did it. Another reason why i think it is different is because the weave because i am taking it under my arm, is a little behind me..i dont know, im hoping its the 5-beat then againa "tucking weave" would be a very sweet new variation.what do you guys think??"S"------------------"When a Man Lies He Murders Some Part of the World These Are the PaleDeaths Which Men Miscall Their Lives All this I Cannot Bear to Witness Any Longer Cannot the Kingdom of Salvation Take Me Home"

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear--not absence of fear.

- Mark Twain

Mystaddict
439 posts

Posted:
If it's getting an extra revolution on it's own side then it is the 5 beat weave.(or the 4 beat weave if you're only doing it on one side of your body) Either way man, you WIN! You have a sick move that you came up with on your own and that's cool as hell. Oh yeah, I spun fire acouple of times now, it's sick. I keep thinking how weird it is that I can say I spin fire. You know how me and glowsticks are hand in hand right. Well fire is almost a completely different thing now, I stopped looking at them like glowsticks and it's a great feeling. I don't think I'll ever be scared of fire but that's just cause I have a lot of confidence in my spinning abilities. I can't wait for you to start spinning fire, you'll be so excited and I want your first E-mail. You're still my favorite on this site. I wish we could spin together.Eric

Its about talent, not make up or costumes.

SupermanBRONZE Member
829 posts

Posted:
thanx Myst..i know we could come up with some shit if we spun together.Im going to go and construct me some wicks and chains soon. the move is fun as hell to do.i havent had that gitty "new move" feeling in quite some time.ok now new question. doing 5-beat weaves, can you just turn 180 and go into a 5-beat rev weave...<> i cant wait to get home..------------------"When a Man Lies He Murders Some Part of the World These Are the PaleDeaths Which Men Miscall Their Lives All this I Cannot Bear to Witness Any Longer Cannot the Kingdom of Salvation Take Me Home"

- Mark Twain

phunkyold hand
877 posts

Posted:
Yep, 5-beat to rev 5-beat works nicely.------------------[]Dhuong-Vu Truong==== []Dhunky ====

Mystaddict
439 posts

Posted:
Yes you can as phunky pointed out, you can also do it like a tri-weave that I love so much. As I've said time and again, I think almost anything is possible if you can imagine it. Superman, you are totally in it for the right reasons and we would tear some shit up if we spun together. I wish I could teach you some things, and maybe get some back in return. Keep spinning sup and later in life I'm sure, without a doubt that we'll meet up.Eric

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
Myst, wot's this "tri-weave" you speak of?If it's somewhere on the site already, fair enough, just point me in the right direction please.By the way, I got 5-beat the other day; only trouble is, my muscles have learnt it so well that i really have to concentrate to do a normal weave!!p_g x

SupermanBRONZE Member
829 posts

Posted:
i celaned up the 5 beat last night. Its amazing! Wait so long trying d=something over and over and over, then when it clicks, youre like...DAMN why didnt i just see that sooner???Im now trying to get the triple CS down, i am getting closer. Its the same concept as the 5-beat. Finally!! now if i could get the damn BTB down...."S"------------------"When a Man Lies He Murders Some Part of the World These Are the PaleDeaths Which Men Miscall Their Lives All this I Cannot Bear to Witness Any Longer Cannot the Kingdom of Salvation Take Me Home"

- Mark Twain

Mystaddict
439 posts

Posted:
A tri-weave is just a name I came up with for doing a forward to reverse to forward to reverse and so on weave. You don't turn your feet, they face the front and the weave goes from right side behind you to front to leftside behind you to front to right side behind to front to left side behind, and so on. Superman... the triple CS, why stop there, your hands know the movement, why don't you do a quadrople CS? It's all fun and the BTB stuff will come with practice. Isn't funny how you feel after learning a move you've been trying to learn forever. It becomes a simple move after a little bit of practice and you wonder what the hell you were thinking to not have learned it yet.Eric