ding-0-member
5 posts

Posted:
I have been having a lot of fun doing some of the fire eaters transfers but with staff.Saturate the wick with as much white gas as it will hold, don't spin off. Light one end.Now you can run a finger along side the bottom of the wick (not fast but don't linger too long) and a little flame will sit on your finger for a few seconds. It's important to do this from the underside of the wick because heat rises, doing it over the flame dosn't work and cooks your finger. It helps to have your hand wet/damp, grab the fire towel before you light up.Lightly press the wick on your up turned palm. The excess gas will spounge onto your hand and burn for a few seconds. Swing the staff around and light the other end off of it.Tranfers off of other body parts are do-able, but I still havn't had the guts to do the abs or toung. What looked really good was transfers off of my legs when I was wearing my leather pants, drawing a line of flame slowly and sensualy. Don't forget that you now have a lit staff that isn't spun off, you need to let it burn the extra off or give it a good spinning toss for the cool fireball.

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
As fire eater and transfer artist as well as spinner, yup these are good ones. A few things to note here though, while white gas is good for use on skin (hands and legs, etc) it should *never* be used in the mouth.You tools also shouldn't be dripping all over saturated, as this can lead to flames running out of control down your appendages (I have seen it). One small shake or quick dip works well. White Gas burns hotter and is more toxic than kerosene or lamp oil, which are the most commonly used for the pooling onthe tongue. Even though you are essentially "wiping" it over your tongue, some of the fuel will enter your system. ALso from trailing, some of the fuel seeps through your skin as well and is toxic as well.Good advice on from the bottom of the flame.For those who want to try this begin on the palm of the hand (called "pooling") and gradually move up to other body parts. It also helps to be hair free (singed hair is stinky). You can light a length of your skin by running a lit torch along your skin, light your toys from the flame, and it will either burn out or you can wipe it out with a free hand. Shaken off poi can also be lit from the tongue (yup I have done it) and the Dragon's Breath (sucking in the flaming fumes of fire, holding them in your mouth and letting them back out) can be used to ignite toys as well.Please though realise this is more toxic than spinning alone and so carries more health hazards. It is far more dangerous, as the risk of burns is very real when trailing/eating/breathing and it is an art that should be entered into slowly and not alone should something go wrong.Cheerios...and congrats on your discovery.------------------Pele Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir...https://www.pyromorph.com

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

Knagimember
397 posts

Posted:
I'm gonna work on this one what other things can be done with trailing? I was attempting it with my staff. I tried touching the wick didn't get anything then I tried lightly rubbing it up my arm still nothing, then just because I felt like doing it I wrapped my whole hand around the wick and gave it a good sqeeze...still nothing my point karocine can't be used to trail with I'm gonna be picking up some white gas befor this weekend for pure staff use I'll just stick with karo for my poi still :P Btw pele the staff came to me so easy it scares me after 2 weeks of light practice I had every movement down and over this weekend I was so messed up. The best feeling though was when I lauched it as hard as fast and as high as I could. It went like 30 feet up and I cought it without breaking the flow or even slowing it down. Very shocking feeling it was like my hands just knew what to do with it. I wonder if the fact that I was drunker then shit trippin my nuts off and smoked enough pot to kill a small animal had anything to do with it. :P Some people came up to me telling me they were very concenred for my well-being after seeing me grab hold of the flaming end of my staff, and other burning items I think this weekend I'm also gonna try that one move where you drop down to your knees and wrap the poi around your hands.. only I'm gonna try and put them out.------------------We are all in the cosmic movie. That means the day you die you watch your whole life repeating for eternity. So you'd better have some good things happen in there and have a fitting climax. --Jim Morrison

We are all in the cosmic movie. That means the day you die you watch your whole life repeating for eternity. So you'd better have some good things happen in there and have a fitting climax. --Jim MorrisonIt's going to come from a direction you didn't predict at a moment of chaos which you didn't see coming. -- NYC

Blackbirdmember
337 posts

Posted:
can't trail with kero.lost all the hair on my left arm trying.bummer.Does anyone know what white gas is called in the UK? never seen "White gas" before...------------------"O! for a muse of fire, that would ascend the brightest heaven of invention." - William ShakespeareCheck out my Online Gallery!B l A c K i E

x X x ß £ Å Ĉ К ß î я Ð x X x

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
It's a camp stove fuel, if that helps any?We have Coleman brand and discount store brands, which ironically smell, feel and taste more soapy that the Coleman brand (don't ask).For oil to work the torch has to be dripping saturated and will still only burn in little bits off the torch, there is no way to get a real great line of fire. This is coming from the torch is lit and you drag that down your skin, not from leving fuel down the skin and then igniting that.And Blackbird, if you are going to do trailing you are going to lose your hair. I just shave my arms and such anyway. Saves me from having to experience that burning hair smell..bleck! wink------------------Pele Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir...https://www.pyromorph.com

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

Blackbirdmember
337 posts

Posted:
oh obviously, but i didnt get it to ignite at all, i just ran the thing down my arm... there was a line of kero 'moisture' left on the skin, but no flame... just that off the staff. Not particularly impressive (except for the fact that you put a burning staff down your arm, of course).

x X x ß £ Å Ĉ К ß î я Ð x X x