Forums > Beginner Poi Moves > Horizontal mexican weave.. a question...

Login/Join to Participate

NightShade1member
368 posts

Posted:
well okay im confused about this move frowni saw the gif animation of this site and i see it as dunno a corkcrew but with opposite directions... you know the corkcrew goes <--- <----i was wondering if the horizontal mexican weave was like the same but this way ---><---dunno if i explained well what i mean (my english sucks) ;pif im ALL wrong that i think i am well tell me how to do it some tips? i guess im just missing this one from this page thats the last one! and arggg dunno why i find it hard ;o all the other were pretty easy...

Dance like if noone were watching you

Lamarmember
53 posts

Posted:
You got it man. Both poi have to be in either forward swing or reverse swing, whereas the corkscrew has to have 1 poi in reverse and the other in forward.

SupermanBRONZE Member
829 posts

Posted:
and by the way, your English is very good...super'------------------"When a Man Lies He Murders Some Part of the World These Are the PaleDeaths Which Men Miscall Their Lives All this I Cannot Bear to Witness Any Longer Cannot the Kingdom of Salvation Take Me Home"

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear--not absence of fear.

- Mark Twain

Mystaddict
439 posts

Posted:
it's the same direction either forward or reverse for the corckscrew and opposite for the horizontle mexican wave. So NightShade1, you are right, Lamar, think harder about it and you'll see why you're wrong.(but I think you accedently misposted, and you weren't trying to say it like that)Everythings well!Eric

Its about talent, not make up or costumes.

Tikimember
44 posts

Posted:
Actually Myst if you stop to think about what Lamar was saying from his perspective then you'll realize he is just as correct as you are. When in front of you one is going in a reverse and in order to follow directly after the other is going in a foward spin. Where if you were to turn to your left or right as in your thinking they would indeed be going the same direction.

1. CAUTION: Knife is very sharp. Keep out of children
2. A truly wise man never plays leapfrog with a unicorn.
3. Always remember to pillage BEFORE you burn.

NightShade1member
368 posts

Posted:
Well thanks for answering me =)

Dance like if noone were watching you

Mystaddict
439 posts

Posted:
LOL!!!Thanks Tiki, even though I have no clue what the hell you're talking about, I bet you're right as well. Eric

Its about talent, not make up or costumes.